Pages

Search This Blog

November 14, 2017

Thanksgiving Countdown Day 2 | Table Inspiration + 30% Off Linens


The Thanksgiving Countdown Continues.  Day 2 is all about The Table - the fun part.  Today is the day to decide what linens you'll use (if you have enough, if not, see my tips below), the candles, and the centerpiece.  Of course, the flower shopping won't start until next week, but having a good idea of the plan today will save you from running around next week.

Really, besides making sure your home is cozy and comfortable, setting the table really is the centerpiece for the Thanksgiving (and the food).  I have created seven individual schemes based on Napkins and Table Linens I have available.  By combining a print with a velvet ribbon, coordinating candle and little sprig of this or that, each scheme is the essence season.  I've included some ideas for making your table feel extra cozy, too, like adding a velvet cushion in a seat or a warm plaid throw over a chair.
To help you get ready for Thanksgiving and the upcoming holiday season, we're having a 30% off Linen Sale today.  Yes, that even includes the new Holiday linens we introduced last week.  Hurry!

use code : LinenSale30





Bring the pumpkins in from the front porch (they're getting ready to freeze!) and put them on display for your table.  I love these soft orange pumpkins mixed with the soft finish of the pewter.



6" Maize Candles






Mix & Match Silverware

Lately I've kept my eye out for silver plate flatware at estate sales and 'treasure shops' as Emma and I call them.  I mix and match them with our own silver from our wedding.  I don't mind that it is a little tarnished (I never polish!) and everything goes through the dishwasher in our house.  Mixing my collections helps me expand my sets for the entire table.  For example at one setting, I'll use the forks from one collection and the knives from another.  In the next seat, I'll use the knives from one and the forks from the other.  They go together, but they don't match exactly.

I do the same with napkins & plates.  If I only have so many matching plates, I'll mix in white plates every other seat, and use the coordinating salad plates on top of the white plate, then matching pattern salad plate on top of the white dinner plate.  It stretches the collections.


And definitely mix and match chairs.  These new windsor chairs were a steal at a local antique shop.  They match our table perfectly in a dark cherry wood.



I love adding a sprig of something to a setting.  They aren't too bulky and they smell delish.  

A thyme sprig above.  Rosemary below.  Both perfectly Thanksgiving.








I added a little hand-stitched H to these Hemstitched Napkins (says that two times fast...) to make these coordinate with my Green Hydrangea Table Linens.  I alternated each seat with a block print napkin, and a hemstitch napkin - see above.  Again, stretching each collection of 4.










 


use code : LinenSale30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Jenny Steffens Hobick. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign