Pages

Search This Blog

October 17, 2017

Easy Halloween Treat Inspiration | Homemade & Store-Bought Ideas


Since Emma is now in kindergarten, we've entered the world of store-bought treats vs. homemade.  I don't love the idea, but I know that we can still come up with something fun and creative.  In preparation for her class party and our annual party at our house, I've put together some of my favorite ideas (more below). 

This S'Mores Kit is an easy classic that is all over Pinterest.  I think this is the direction we're heading for Emma's class since she loves marshmallows.

These are self-explanatory, but for the sake of a supplies list :


Marshmallows

Chocolate Bars

Graham Crackers

Small or Medium Cello Bags
Ribbon

Halloween Tag


I have two Halloween Tags this year - the Trick or Treat Silhouettes, and the Jack-O-Lantern.  Both 10 for $4.



We made these quesadillas a couple of years ago when Emma was in Pre-School - the perfect solution for a not too sweet treat for littles.  You're welcome, teachers.


Another idea I love (this one is more for neighbors or group of teachers... unless you want to give a classmate an entire box of donuts!) is a box of donuts.  You can buy or make, but as we all know, the packaging makes the gift.

Large Window Kraft Box (also available in smaller size)




Treat Bags are a fun way to make something look charming.  You can decorate them with markers or stickers to add a personal look.  Kraft & Glassine Treat Bags >


I love this jack-o-lantern balloon look!  I'm definitely going to do this for our party.  (via Martha Stewart)



These Oreo Brownies were featured in Martha Stewart Living this month and I went crazy for them.  We love brownies AND Oreos around here, and I think these are just so darn cute.  Another must for our party.  I might consider making them as individual servings in my Small Tart Pans.

Monster Mash Brownies via Martha Stewart



Speaking of Oreos.  I LOVE these.  You could do Oreos or we used to make PB Crackers Sandwiches with Ritz and dip them with my Granny.

Pumpkin Oreos



Here's another idea for my Small Tart Pans - Individual Jack-O-Lantern Tarts.  These are pumpkin pie, but you could also make them savory (like a chicken pot pie or chili) or with chocolate pudding.

Jack-O-Lantern Mini Tarts


Aren't these a scream?  They might be just the thing to give everyone a laugh this year : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Jenny Steffens Hobick. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign