Pages

Search This Blog

October 10, 2017

Autumn Harvest Collection | Live!


Autumn is like no other season.  It seems like the fall frenzy is bigger than ever this year.  While everyone likes to focus on the out and about, I am excited to focus on really observing the changing, slowing of the season.  Earlier evenings perfect for sitting around on comfy sofas, and after school piddling in the yard that seems to have changed overnight with new shadows, barren sticks and seed pods where flowers once were.  Daily walks to observe the subtle changing colors and to take deep breathes of that chilly fresh air.  Gathering acorns, branches and leaves that we'll display in random bowls, platters, windows and on wreathes.  Of course, when there is lounging, there is baking and giving.  

And Halloween.  There is a certain magic that Halloween night carries, when the neighborhood is completely abuzz with kids, shuffling parents chatting as they go, and shrills of delight.  It might be one of my favorite holidays (and that's saying something!).  

Enjoy browsing around our home and seeing how the new collection has helped me transition to the glorious season of Autumn.



Comfortable.  Always on the top of my list for "home."




Pewter Hand-Dipped Taper Candle, $10.50
Block Print Pillows, $28-38
Velvet Pillows, $28-32
Throws, $104
Classic Creamers (used as vases for berries), $84
Thin Gold Frames & Mats
Botanical Prints












Green Hydrangea Block Print Pillows, $28-38

The perfect Autumn mossy green that will look great through the Holidays.  In fact, I'm planning to go very Green and Brown for the Holidays (pinecones, acorns, brown paper packages...) this year, so these will be center-stage in our home.






Velvet Pillows

I decided to go entirely velvet in our Living Room this season.  This is our more 'formal room' so the velvet makes it seem that much more sophisticated and luxurious.



I've started to keep seasonal linens in this hutch and large platters and bowls.  And candles.  And pumpkins, obviously.







Napkins, Tablecloths & Large Table Runners  

I plan to create a table with orange pumpkins and gourds going down the center of the table with sprigs of bittersweet woven through.  




Napkins, Tablecloths & Large Table Runners  

I can't wait to set a table with dark green and brown pumpkins and tie these napkins up with brown velvet ribbon.





These drawers are starting to get rather full : )



The Ultimate Autumn Essential, The Harvest Plaid Blanket Wrap, $30.

I wear it as a wrap with a chambray or white shirt, or a black dress and brown leather boots.  I also use it as a throw as pictured above in our hearth room.



This Navy Wrap is new this year.  It is made in the same fashion as the Autumnal Plaid Wrap, but is is a luxurious solid navy.  I can't wait to wear this over a light sweater with cords and boots.

Both of these wraps are the perfect one-size-fits-all gift.


I've been working on Mike's office more lately - doing some handsome details.  These new Deer Game Prints are a favorite.  I have them matted in the French Cream and it is the perfect compliment with the Thin Gold Frames.


Below the handsome deer prints, a lego castle, of course.  And a bar : )




  


Ahhh.  Can you smell the pumpkin bread baking?!  It just doesn't get better than fall baking.  I've stocked up on all of my seasonal baking favorites (copper & mini cookie cutters...) and essentials that I need all year long.
 

I LOVE these minis.  I have so many things planned for them.  They are just so cute.
 

This is a Pecan Tart that I made a couple of years ago.  Making a crust with the leaves requires zero skill, and it looks beautiful.




Last week, Emma and I made cut outs in the top of my Chicken Pot Pie (recipe coming tomorrow).  Seriously, Tuesday night dinner turned into something special so easily.  Emma LOVED it.





Each season, I line my Copper Cookie Cutters up on the window sill... even if I don't get around to using them, I love the warm charm they add.


Copper Acorn & Pumpkin Cookie Cutters


Piles of Donuts : )   I make mine (baked) in a Donut Pan.



And box them up and give them away!

Kraft Window Boxes






Pumpkin Tags




Black & White Stripe Ribbon


S'mores kit wrapped up for Halloween Party Treats.


My all-time favorite Halloween Cookies : )






I also use the Copper Cutters to make Halloween Pancakes.  Recipe and tips, here >











Thank you for browsing around with me today.  Now, I'm completely exhausted.  My brain is done for the day.   I'm ready for a big bowl of soup on the sofa and a toasty fire.  Happy Fall : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Jenny Steffens Hobick. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign