Pages

Search This Blog

September 11, 2017

Weekly Menu | Chicken Stew, Autumn Chopped Salad with Shrimp, Leftovers Pasta, & Orange Chicken


This Week's Menu

I'm starting this week off by making my lists and getting organized.  It takes about 10 minutes and really helps me set the tone for the entire week.

First, I get my phone out and write in all of our obligations on the Weekly Planner Tablet.  I decide what nights we'll be dinner at home (usually 3-4 nights), takeout or out at a restaurant. Then, I reference the Dinner Tablet for ideas for each night.  I try to plan one dinner around leftovers (usually Thursday) so I don't have to go to the store.  Finally, I make a grocery list.  I don't buy for more than 2-3 days in advance.  If I buy too far in advance, it seems like we never make it to that dinner and the groceries go to waste.  So, I usually make a grocery trip on Mondays and Wednesdays/Thursdays.

Shop all Tablets & LePens, here >

Above : Photo from Instagram this am, follow me here >

Here's my plan for this week :

Chicken Fricassee

This is my favorite chicken stew served over rice or egg noodles. It is one of Mike's #1 favorite - healthy, satisfying and comforting.  It would work great in a crockpot, too.

Autumn Chopped Salad with Grilled Shrimp Skewer

Grilled Shrimp or Chicken (or roasted butternut squash) turns this salad into dinner.  The dressing is so yummy.

Chocolate Chip Pie

This is just chocolate chip cookie dough in one of my mini tart pans.  Soooo good.

Leftovers Night :

Bolognese Leftovers with Cream & Peas

This is a surprising and delicious combo that I discovered at our local favorite Italian cafe.  The peas and cream completely transform it.  I usually have bolognese leftover in the freezer, or meatballs crumbled with some red sauce works, too.  Also, it is completely worthy of making from scratch.  Just add the cream and peas to your standard meat sauce.  15 minutes from start to finish.
Quick & Easy 
Orange Chicken

Emma LOVES this - and so do we.  I usually add a side of steamed broccoli and carrots on the side or mixed in.

2 comments:

  1. Delicious! Orange Chicken is on the menu at our house this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:18 PM

    What kind of foods do you keep on hand for easy lunches and snacks for Emma? I'm always looking for ideas for my daughter who is about the same age.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ Jenny Steffens Hobick. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign