Pages

Search This Blog

August 16, 2017

Apple Bread | Back to School


For our first "meet the teacher" day, Emma and I brought her this Apple Bread.  I thought it was a fun (and yummier) twist on the classic, take an apple to your teacher tradition.  



We baked it and wrapped it in parchment paper, then tied a ribbon and tag on it.  For a hostess gift, you could also present it with a tea towel tied in like pictured here.


I love these new tags with a surprise stripe on the back.  It adds just enough whimsy and fun to a classic card.  It comes in these 4 color ways as part of the Classic Home Collection (coming soon).  


I used this Beige Stripe ribbon.

Having these gift wrapping essentials around always make it easy for me to turn anything into a gift.  As you know, I would much rather make something than go out and buy something.



Apple Bread
4 small or 2 large loafs

2 Eggs
2 cups Sugar
1 stick of Butter (melted)
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 Apples, peeled and diced
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
Powdered Sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare loaf pans by lining them with parchment paper.

In a mixer, combine eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla.  In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.  Add flour mixture into the butter and sugar mixture slowly.  Add apples in and stir just until combined.

Pour batter in the parchment lined pans.  Put the pans on a parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.



These small and large baking loaf pans will be available as part of the new collection.  I love the squared sides - they look very professional.  


I cut the parchment paper to fit each pan.



Lining them this way makes them easy to lift out of the pan and gives them a liner, much like a cupcake paper.


Bake them on a baking sheet to keep your oven clean if one should spill over while baking.  It also makes them easier to get in and out.


These checked tea towels are part of the new collection also and have coordinating napkins.



Fresh out of the oven!  This is Emma's photo.


 They lift right out of the pans because of the parchment liner.


I love homemade gifts!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny,
    I like the loaf tins, large and small. When will these be available? I want to make sure I get some before they get sold out. William Sonoma has the Goldtouch, but I have heard pro's and con's. They have a few, but these are definitely different.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ Jenny Steffens Hobick. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign