The Everyday Occasions Store:
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
IMG3264 IMG1314
botanical prints, $4-6
cozy fall essentials
IMG3064 IMG3091
block print block print
Turkey Prints, $4-6
Pillow Covers, $28-36
IMG2983 IMG8
The Softest throws, $80-90 cozy home ideas
Slate Wreath Collection
Wheat Wreath Collection
OakLeaf AcornPrint
Oak Leaf acorn print
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
Autumn Essential Scarves, $14
natural parchment, 100 for $10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
m17 m12
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
m23 m24
baking supplies bread board collection

Friday, October 14, 2016

Our Bedroom Tour | Autumn Accents

It occurred to me that have never shared a proper tour of our bedroom since we've moved into the house.  It took me a while to gather the furniture and hang some things on the walls.  I like to keep our bedroom really clutter free and very simple.  I like a lot of cream (obviously...) and turned to our favorite boutique hotels and inns for inspiration.

The biggest challenge for me was to find a chest of drawers and coordinating night stands that weren't too new and weren't too matchy-matchy.   (I can provide information for the night stands if you are interested.)

We have white hotel bedding with white embroidery (Pottery Barn) and a pick-stitch quilt.  We don't keep too many pillows on the bed because I always want it to be soft and ready for lounging at all times. We use standard pillows (behind), Euros in front (with an H, from Pottery Barn), then the Rectangle Acorn Block Print Pillow, $28.  I change the accent pillow seasonally to set the tone for the room.  Because our room is so neutral, that little pillow change with a small vase of a seasonal flowers on the bedside really does make our entire room feel fresh for each time of year.

This is Mike's side, so the English Game Fowl Prints are a good fit.  These are 8x10 prints framed in the 11x14" frames (that will be restocked soon).

Game Fowl Prints, $4-6

I'm so obsessed with this gold laurel wreath... I bought it at a small antique home decor store in Rochport.  I've searched high and low for it online to no avail.  I will keep trying to get my hands on some for the store. 

The Rectangle Acorn Block Print Pillow, $28.

This luxe Baby Alpaca throw (in Cocoa) is our newest cozy addition to the room.  It is such a treat.

The night stands are from D.R. Dimes, custom made in New Hampshire.  I looked everywhere for a barley twist side table that was the perfect finish and size.  I finally found this design at D.R.Dimes.  They were investment pieces to be sure, but they are the real deal.  They will never go out of style, the cherry finish will develop a beautiful aged patina over time... and they will be our bedside tables for the rest of our lives ; )

The most pleasant surprise in our room was finding these custom Roman Shades from Home Depot.  They were an incredible price at around $125 for each (compared to $400 at other sources I checked!).  I am super impressed with the quality and the linen fabric.  We selected Milan Feather, it is a perfect match to our Benjamin Moore Navajo White (different from Sherwin Williams).  I added black-out liners to these in our room to help with keeping the room cool from the afternoon sun and, of course, to keep it very dark at night.  I may add a grosgrain border accent to them at some point... what do you think?

One of the design decisions that I stuck by was using a french door for the entrance for our room.  It is just a standard 30" door opening, but it really does make a huge impact of the feel of the room - much more special and elegant.

 I framed this photo of us from our wedding that is printed on canvas fabric and hangs in our little foyer area of the room.

Finding room for adequate closet space was definitely a struggle when we were drawing up the plans for the addition.  We traded a larger walk-in closet for a 2nd floor laundry room.  Instead we designed these french door his and hers closets.  I have to say I LOVE this design.  Not only do the doors give our room more architectural interest, it is so nice to open the doors and be able to see and access everything easily.  Also, it is not another room to keep clean.  I used to feel like our old walk-in closet was a recipe for a mess and dust.  At some point I'll open these up and show you the design.

Another set of french doors leads to our bathroom.  You can get more details of the bathroom design, here. 

See more tours of our home, here, on my House Tour page.


  1. Jenny, WOW! Such a retreat. Your design is impeccable-- you balanced the woods and creams so well. Your nightstands are beautiful-- worth the wait! As always, thank you for sharing. Happy Friday :)

  2. I love your bedroom, bathroom and closet. Thanks so much for sharing these with us. You are an inspiration!

  3. Jenny, where did you find the box spring frame covered in fabric like that? Did you do it yourself? We have always used a bedskirt to cover the box springs and I've always disliked it. Yours looks so clean!

  4. Will you share where you found the lights in your bathroom please?

  5. Love your blog Jenny! Thanks for the roman shade tip! Is the shade in your bathroom from home depot also?


home entertaining and ifestyle expert
join the
The Everyday Occasions Store: item5 item9 m46 m45 classichomedecor1 home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660