Pages

Search This Blog

May 18, 2016

French Potato Salad


It is almost that time... the time of year when I made big batches of salads to keep in the fridge for easy lunches.  During the summer, I usually keep a chicken salad, potato/pasta salad and vegetable salad in the fridge to go with a quick BLT (or usually just T).  I used the Barefoot Contessa's recipe for this French Potato Salad, recipe, here.


It is a very simple - steamed potatoes tossed in a dijon and champagne vinaigrette with parsley, dill and scallions.  It was tart and tangy with the dressing and herbs - a perfect compliment to the sweet brisket sauce.


I use this Large Basin Bowl ($16) from the Robin's Egg Blue Enamelware Collection for everything - including beers on ice and salads!


Instead of cubes, I did the potatoes in slices - made it look/seem more like a dinner side dish than a potato salad.


Simple and pretty - perfect "real" food for summer.


I'm excited to snack on this all week for lunch.  I'm trying to upgrade my lunches during the week from a peanut butter sandwich... any ideas?

Shop : Large Basin Bowl ($16) from the Robin's Egg Blue Enamelware Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Jenny Steffens Hobick. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign