The Everyday Occasions Store:
m28
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
ClassicHomeCollection1
ClassicShot1 IMG9
botanical prints, $4-6
cozy fall essentials
IMG11
NP1
le pens,
block print
TC1
IMG17
block print tablecloth, $48-65
block print
IMG7 IMG8
The Softest throws, $80-90 cozy home ideas
IMG12
cookiesandcreampie1
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
IMG14
IMG13
the softest throws, $90
natural parchment, 100 for $10
IMG5
IMG10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
IMG16
IMG15
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
m8
m11
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
m17 m12
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
m21
m18
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
m23 m24
baking supplies bread board collection

Monday, April 25, 2016

Weekly Menu + Emma's Playhouse Update + Photos from Fishing at the Farm

Time for my weekly menu post... that I haven't gotten around to in about 6 weeks : )  I'm not sure what has happened to the month of April, but wow, is it flying by.  I guess that's what happens when the weather is nice and you are too busy going on walks, bike rides and building playhouses... and you just throw chicken on the grill every night with veggies.  No complaints, here!


We spent the last week working on Emma's playhouse (that is alllllmost finished).  When we are midst of a project, I tend to go all in and everything else gets put aside... like planning dinner, doing laundry, etc.  Now that we're just finishing up the details, I am ready to do get the house back in order and fix something yummy for dinner.

*I'll be sharing details when it is finished!


Here are a couple of photos from our Sunday afternoon.  We went out to my parents' farm in Lexington for Emma's first day fishing.


We are so fortunate to have "country life" just an hour away for a quick refresh.



I caught the day's biggest fish - that my brother is trying to get me to hold in this photo.



I'm thinking this would be a great place for a big farmhouse... if you don't mind these cows for neighbors!


Or, maybe Mike and I will build a mini-house like the one we built for Emma and put it right here?!

Back to our "in-town" life and what is for dinner this week :


Teriyaki marinated steak with Lemon Orzo & Squash with Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella
*I just realized I never added the marinade recipe to this post :
2 tablespoons of oil
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic, minced


Greens, Radishes, Radicchio, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Feta, Green Onions, Celery & Red Wine Vinaigrette 




I'm debating between this Cherry Pound Cake... or...


These Cherry Cupcakes.  But definitely something cherry for this week of warm weather!

2 comments:

  1. I love her little play house! Too cute!
    Kari
    www.sweetteasweetie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The playhouse looks fantastic! Please share more of it. It looks like a mini version of your home- so fab!

    ReplyDelete

Home
fallpillows1
m47
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
join the
contact
facebook
m56
m61
m62
m68
The Everyday Occasions Store: m46 m45 classichomedecor1 home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660