The Everyday Occasions Store:
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
IMG3264 IMG1314
botanical prints, $4-6
cozy fall essentials
IMG3064 IMG3091
block print block print
Turkey Prints, $4-6
Pillow Covers, $28-36
IMG2983 IMG8
The Softest throws, $80-90 cozy home ideas
Slate Wreath Collection
Wheat Wreath Collection
OakLeaf AcornPrint
Oak Leaf acorn print
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
Autumn Essential Scarves, $14
natural parchment, 100 for $10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
m17 m12
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
m23 m24
baking supplies bread board collection

Monday, January 11, 2016

Weekly Menu | Easy Roasted Salmon & Vegetables, Chicken Fricassee, Leftover Bolognese with Cream & Peas

Monday morning is always a bit bittersweet.  The house goes from warm and bustling to a little too quiet.  I am always the first to admit, I really look forward to my "work" time I get to spend during the week - a quiet house with just me, Mr. Darcy, my computer and my camera.  I get to think uninterruptedly (for the most part) and unleash any creativity that inspires me.  It is great.  But Monday morning with its schedules and agendas, does always feel a bit bleak in contrast to a cozy Sunday evening we were enjoying just 12 hours ago.

I love weekends and I love weekend projects.  I set out on Saturday morning to go hunting for spring flowers to brighten my office.  The result is this tiny indoor "garden" I created in about 20 minutes.  It has really made this corner of the house on of my favorites.  I'll go into more details tomorrow about what flowers and materials I used.  

Now, to the other part of the office/mudroom...

As I mentioned last week over Instagram (you can find me here), I am working on giving my office space a little love.  It is a great space in which to work, and really set up in a beautiful way - just off our kitchen, a big window to my right, french doors that open to the backyard behind me, plenty of storage and pretty built-in shelves, etc.  When we moved in last Summer, I really just set my computer up and let everything else settle (fall... or pile up?!) where it may (and did!).  In the new year, I'm giving it a little attention and sprucing it up a bit with some design and pretty things.  

I'll be sharing all of the organizing and workspace details later this week (on the schedule for Friday after the Valentine's Day collection launch on Thursday).  

I hope your Monday is as quiet as mine.  Sometimes we need those really quiet and still moments to appreciate (and recover from) the bustle.

Here's what's on our menu for the week :

Who doesn't need an easy dinner on Monday night?  This entire dinner all cooks together on a sheet pan in the oven for 25 minutes.  You throw it on a pan and put it in the oven.  The lemon and butter makes its own sauce - and it is healthy.

Tuesday : Chicken Fricassee

This chicken stew is everything you want on a ca-ca-cold January evening.  Everything cooks together in one pot and will warm you to the bones.

Wednesday : Out!

Since the Valentine's Collection is coming out on Thursday, we'll probably be heading out for an easy dinner - or picking up pizza : )

We have a batch of bolognese in the freezer from a couple of weeks ago.  After a very busy Thursday, I'll be able to put this together in 15 minutes... without a trip to the store.


  1. I've been reading your blog for a long time....I love your store and style! Anyway, I'm especially loving your weekly menu posts, inspires me to plan and cook healthier & easy meals for my large family of 9. I love your tip about freezing staple foods; meatballs, etc! I drool over your store also! :) will you be restocking the tumblers?
    P.S. I know what you mean about Mondays.....bittersweet.

  2. Could you do a post on your process for planning and putting together your gallery wall? :)

  3. Anonymous12:07 PM

    Can you tell us how to make our own scented dish soap?


home entertaining and ifestyle expert
join the
The Everyday Occasions Store: item5 item9 m46 m45 classichomedecor1 home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660