The Everyday Occasions Store:
m28
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
ClassicHomeCollection1
ClassicShot1 IMG9
botanical prints, $4-6
cozy fall essentials
IMG11
NP1
le pens,
block print
TC1
IMG17
block print tablecloth, $48-65
block print
IMG7 IMG8
The Softest throws, $80-90 cozy home ideas
IMG12
cookiesandcreampie1
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
IMG14
IMG13
the softest throws, $90
natural parchment, 100 for $10
IMG5
IMG10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
IMG16
IMG15
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
m8
m11
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
m17 m12
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
m21
m18
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
m23 m24
baking supplies bread board collection

Monday, August 3, 2015

Bachelor Gulch Colorado Vacation | Itinerary for Beaver Creek & Vail



You may have guessed last week that we were on vacation.  We live in Kansas City, so one of our favorite getaways is Colorado.  The flight is about 1 hour to Denver, and the drive to the mountains is about 2 hours.  You may remember that we went two years ago when Emma was just 18 months old.  We'd said we would go back every year, but last year the summer got away from us.  Every year around the end of July/beginning of August I itch for a change of pace and a break from the heat and humidity.  This year we planned ahead (like 3 weeks...) and were so thankful to get out of town for a break just as the temps were peaking.

After our time in Boston, I realized how many people have not been to Colorado, or the Rocky Mountains.  Let me tell you, there is nothing quite like the clean, clean, fresh, sweet scent of Colorado mountain air.  The site of the mountains is breathtaking.  Breathtaking.

The people that live there live there by choice (for the most part) and they are all genuinely friendly, kind and happy.  Servers at restaurants, Bellmen at the hotel (who gave Emma a stuffed animal or lipgloss every day), staff running the chairlifts - everyone is so pleasant and kind.

I've included a slew of photographs from our trip as well as our itinerary, in case you get inspired.



 This is our hotel,  The Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch, the same hotel we stayed at two years ago.   Mike stockpiles all of his Marriott points the entire year of work travel for this splurge.  It is a very special spot - all by itself mid-mountain.

Because I had already documented the hotel last time, I didn't take any photos of it this time - but you can see the details, here, in my older post.


Day 1 : Travel Day
Day 2 : Gondola up Beaver Creek and 5 mile hike down




In case you think Emma's having the time of her life, she's actually saying "I just want to go back to the hotel and get in the hot tub."


She finally gave in to the carrier backpack and took a nap : )




That night we had dinner at Sweet Basil in Vail Village.  Vail is a pedestrian ski village full of people strolling and chatting with live music and fountains - it feels very European.




Day 3 : 1 Hour Drive to Turquoise Lake for Beach Picnic and Hike




Camera on the ground trying to out run the timer shot.  Emma got a kick out of watching mom try to run.


There is nothing like being knocked off of your feet by the pure majesty of nature.  I love vacations that do that for me - whether the ocean, the mountains or an awesome sunset.  I feel like that is always what I'm searching for on vacations - to be taken away from the rigors of everyday and to be reminded that I'm a small piece of a huge puzzle that moves and is beautiful without me directing it.  It helps me to remember to go with the flow and just enjoy.



This was such a peaceful afternoon.





Day 3 Dinner : Beano's Cabin on Beaver Creek Mountain


Beano's is an Mountainside restaurant.  You have options of riding a horse up the mountain, taking a wagon ride or a shuttle.  Emma opted for the shuttle bus, which was just fine with me.

Emma's favorite part was frolicking in the meadow, of course.


Day 4 : Rodeo!  We spent most of the day at the pool, then treated Emma to a night at the Beaver Creek Rodeo.  She loves anything that involves face paint, though she wasn't initially excited about the actual rodeo.


Cotton Candy helped!





Thanks for joining us on a little memory photo tour.  We are back refueled and rejuvenated with lovely memories of fun family time.

Too often after busy seasons without a real break, the stress and anxiety of life can sneak up on me too quickly.   I'm trying to be better about scheduling our vacations and time off too relieve us before we are maxed out.  What are your favorite summer vacation spots?  I'm already thinking about our next trip : )

9 comments:

  1. Jenny, looks like the 3 of you had an amazing, relaxing vacation. This is now on my list of places we must travel with the kids. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more of your place since the renovation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I just returned from Beaver Creek. Loved every minute of it. We're in the midst of planning a way to make it a yearly trip as well! I'll have to remember Turquoise Lake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite place - Vail area and the mountains! Haven't been for a couple of years and need to get back. Thanks for the pictures, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We absolutely love Beaver Creek, though we've only been during the winter (after you come down off the mountain they greet you with chocolate chip cookies!) Glacier National Park was also a favorite- every time I turned around the view was more awe inspiring than the last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great trip!

    I too have spent many camera runs, but this year I got a remote for my camera (so inexpensive) and it's made things easier. The kids take turns taking the picture, which helps with cute smiles and giggles for our family pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lake Tahoe (CA & NV)!! Been every single summer since I was born with my family and now we bring our kids and husbands too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just put Beaver Creek on our vacation suggestion list. Last Summer we went to North Lake Tahoe and it was amazing. Incredible. This summer it was Chatham, MA on Cape Cod. Really great, too. Next summer is back to Seaside! Can't wait. I love your cap, I have it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in Colorado and feel like I am on vacation every day! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are beautiful. I've never been to Colorado before, but it looks amazing. I may have to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Home
fallpillows1
m47
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
join the
contact
facebook
m56
m61
m62
m68
The Everyday Occasions Store: m46 m45 classichomedecor1 home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660