The Everyday Occasions Store:
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
IMG3264 IMG1314
botanical prints, $4-6
cozy fall essentials
IMG3064 IMG3091
block print block print
Turkey Prints, $4-6
Pillow Covers, $28-36
IMG2983 IMG8
The Softest throws, $80-90 cozy home ideas
Slate Wreath Collection
Wheat Wreath Collection
OakLeaf AcornPrint
Oak Leaf acorn print
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
Autumn Essential Scarves, $14
natural parchment, 100 for $10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
m17 m12
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
m23 m24
baking supplies bread board collection

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Summer Entertaining Collection | Enamelware, Nautical Cookie Cutters, Easy Linens, Classic Essentials, Cake Plate...

It is my complete pleasure to be back at work this morning.  And by "at work" I mean sitting at the very same counter you see above.  I've been so anxious to get this Summer Entertaining Collection up, but wanted to wait until I could photograph them in our new kitchen.  

For the last 8 months, I've been staging my photos in a corner of our, gulp, bedroom.  I really don't like staging.  It feels ungenuine.  I want what I do here to be real and for the first time in a long while, I was able to shoot photos of my products in a real setting.  In a real kitchen.  Our real kitchen.  I didn't have to alter the light (no sheets hanging from the windows) and I didn't have to create a make believe place.  Just got my camera out and shot in my kitchen.  It was amazing.  

The Summer Entertaining Collection

This collection is all about classic and easy.  It is everything I want at my finger tips this Summer so we can enjoy our new home.  Along with new discoveries, I've included favorites from last summer - back by popular demand.  Yes, Enamelware and Whale, Lobster & Sailboat Cutters are back.  Enjoy browsing and I hope you find something that inspires you to entertain and enjoy your Summer.  Tomorrow I'll be back with some photos of our first week in the house - unstaged and real... along a new recipe (I know...!) that's quickly becoming a favorite. 

Theiffry Linens

Theiffry Linens are produced from in France - a family run business since 1837.  They produce high quality, classic linens.  I love the natural flax linen with the white stripes down the bottom - so classic.  I've been searching for this look everywhere and I'm so pleased to have finally found them.

Theiffry Linen Napkins
Theiffry Linen Tea Towels 

Seagrass Carafe

Each season I look for a new favorite vessel to hold flowers.  As I'm always a fan of natural materials, this Seagrass Carafe instantly made me think of summer.  Instead of a cold ceramic or only glass pitcher, the softness of the seagrass seems easy.  Summer.  Bunches of hydrangea, dahlias... or sangria.  

Seagrass Carafe, $18.50

Classic Napkin Holder

You all know that I love linen napkin, but I am also very normal I assure you.  I love using paper cocktail napkins with drinks and appetizers, especially when as lovely as this.  The pewter finish holder comes with the simple round weight which makes it great for outside entertaining - to keep those beautiful napkins from fluttering away.  A set of the lovely blue and white paper cocktail napkins is included with the holder set, as well.  I'm completely obsessed with the napkins themselves and will need to get ahold of a large supply in future.

All of the Classic Mariposa items are packaged in a lovely blue box.

Classic Napkin Holder, $48

Robin's Egg Blue Enamelware

Brought back by popular demand, a favorite from last summer's collection - Robin's Egg Blue Enamelware.  
Nothing says summer entertaining like enamelware - especially, in this perfect Robin's Egg (better known as Seaside around here) Blue color.  It is the perfect lightweight service-ware for using outdoors or on picnics.  Every time I use these, I love them even more. 

Nautical Copper Cookie Cutter Collection

Each season I feature a collection of copper cookie cutters.  Last year these nautical themed wales, sailboats & lobsters took off like crazy.  They might be my very favorite, too.  They are so much fun to decorate - and very simple!  They look especially festive with these Anchor Tags & Cards.

Lobster, Whale & Sailboat Cookie Cutters >

Unbleached Blue Linens
Summer.  Easy.  I can't say it enough. They are synonymous.  This collection of Unbleached Blue Linens is everything I love about summer entertaining - casual, easy and classic.  They will look great on our dining room table for Tuesday dinners, or outside on the picnic table for our annual seafood boil.  They are inexpensive and beautiful.  Summer.
Napkins, Set of 4
Tea Towels, Set of 3
Tablecloth, 70" Square

Seafood Set
I'm not particularly into having specialized utensils.  I make an exception for Seafood.  Every summer we host a Seafood Boil - it is a special occasion for us.  A tradition.  I love that every year I get out the same seafood crackers to set the table.  As I do, I think about the fun memories and how our group of friends keeps growing and evolving.

Pewter Finish Cake Plate

Cake plates have always been a favorite item for me to collect.  I have a lot.  Glass, ceramic and pewter.  I love that this cake stand is low, not too ostentatious.  It could host cheeses and berries, or a homemade chocolate cake.  I love pieces that are diverse and beautiful when used in every way.

Pewter Finish Cake Plate >

Maple & Pewter Cheese Board

I'm so glad to actually have my hands on the Classic Collection of platters and trays.  This Maple Cheese board is going to get a workout this summer.  It doubles as a shallow bowl when the board is removed - you know I love dual purpose essentials.
I've been in the market for new flatware recently.  Something casual, but elegant.  Something a little more than simple - and something different than what I see everywhere.  When I stumbled upon this collection of Ivory Laguiole I loved it.  It is classic, French, casual and special.  It is a bit expensive, so I have purchased one set of 4 place settings for now and will happily mix and match it with my current pewter, silver-plate and stainless collections.  I love how the ivory looks with my white everyday dishes.
We used it last night for the first time with our Steak Frites and I have to tell you that Mike went crazy for the knife - very sharp.  It cut our steaks like butter.  He was thoroughly impressed.  Such a guy.
Creamware Batter Bowl

Lazy Saturday morning pancakes (with real maple syrup!) were one of the things we dreamed about while planning our new home.  A big kitchen with a cozy hearth area to enjoy lazy mornings.  This creamware batter bowl will be taking center stage while we mix up waffles and pancakes.  Sometimes it is just the little traditions that provide so much comfort in our lives.

Thank you for sharing your time to browse this collection of favorites for Summer.  I hope you found inspiration and enthusiasm for entertaining your friends and family this Summer.  See the entire collection, here > 

1 comment:

home entertaining and ifestyle expert
join the
The Everyday Occasions Store: item5 item9 m46 m45 classichomedecor1 home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660