The Everyday Occasions Store:
m28
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
ClassicHomeCollection1
ClassicShot1 IMG9
botanical prints, $4-6
cozy fall essentials
IMG11
NP1
le pens,
block print
TC1
IMG17
block print tablecloth, $48-65
block print
IMG7 IMG8
The Softest throws, $80-90 cozy home ideas
IMG12
cookiesandcreampie1
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
IMG14
IMG13
the softest throws, $90
natural parchment, 100 for $10
IMG5
IMG10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
IMG16
IMG15
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
m8
m11
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
m17 m12
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
m21
m18
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
m23 m24
baking supplies bread board collection

Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekly Menu | Chicken Chowder, Pork Tenderloin, Cherry Cupcakes & Spring Pasta

Remember when I used to do this every week... for, like, 8 weeks in a row?  You all loved it and said it was so helpful to you.  It was really helpful to me too - just taking a little extra time at the beginning of the week to get organized... which I've been terrible at lately.  Mike and I are feeling a little overwhelmed right now.  Much too much going on.  Great things, yes, but we've been majorly maxed out.  When that happens we tend to gravitate toward comfort foods - easy and filling.

Like most of America our dinners have looked a little like Steaks, Spaghetti, Tacos, Burgers, etc. a little too often lately.  Sometimes just coming up with what to make for dinner is too much to think about when you have a list of 100 things to be done and decisions to be made.  When we're overwhelmed easy is good, but now I'm even burned out on the easy stuff.  Besides burnout, I get so much pleasure out of coming up with and cooking a fresh dinner that the laziness of "easy" just doesn't satisfy.

So, here I am again.  Monday morning with a Menu for the Week!  I also love to hear what you are making - please share.  We all need some inspiration!

Monday :



Chicken Corn Chowder

This recipe says "Summer" but really sounds good to me this week.  I'll probably make a version of this with Chicken, Cheddar and Veggies.

Tuesday :


Pork Tenderloin

This might seem fancy, but really very easy.  I probably will make the pork with random roasted veggies.  Great on the grill, too.

Wednesday :



Cherry Blossom Cupcakes

Wednesday is going to be a lot of fun - making dessert for a dinner for women at The Sheffield Place, a shelter for homeless women and children.  I'll be joining them for dinner, so Mike and Emma will be on their own :)

Thursday :







































Spring Pasta

Friday :

We're headed to my parents house in Lexington for a Morel Mushroom Hunting weekend with the entire family... so next week, Morels will be on the menu.  Hopefully!

5 comments:

  1. Your recipes sound great, especially the soup. I know how hard it is sometimes coming up with different menus. I am having chicken pot pie tonight and pulled pork sandwiches with roasted potatoes tomorrow night. Have a great time in Lexington!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having your spaghetti and meatballs tonight! My husband loves them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I made your chicken pot pie the other night with a puff pastry top, it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look like great ideas, but I love that you are bringing dessert to the shelter. So wonderful. I'm making Tex Mex Chicken 3 ways this week since its a busy week.
    Kari
    www.sweetteasweetie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love that pasta. So creamy. Looks really really delicious. I love the cupcakes too.

    ReplyDelete

Home
fallpillows1
m47
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
join the
contact
facebook
m56
m61
m62
m68
The Everyday Occasions Store: m46 m45 classichomedecor1 home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660