The Everyday Occasions Store:
m28
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
ClassicHomeCollection1
ClassicShot1 IMG9
botanical prints, $4-6
cozy fall essentials
IMG11
NP1
le pens,
block print
TC1
IMG17
block print tablecloth, $48-65
block print
IMG7 IMG8
The Softest throws, $80-90 cozy home ideas
IMG12
cookiesandcreampie1
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
IMG14
IMG13
the softest throws, $90
natural parchment, 100 for $10
IMG5
IMG10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
IMG16
IMG15
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
m8
m11
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
m17 m12
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
m21
m18
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
m23 m24
baking supplies bread board collection

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thyme Mushrooms & Burrata on Garlic Crostini



Don't be shocked... two recipe posts in one week.  This appetizer (side dish, meal...) is my new favorite thing.  It would go great with a big Italian dinner, or holiday beef tenderloin, or a fresh grilled dinner, or a heavy appetizer party, or with a salad would be dinner all by itself (for me, anyway).  I served it as a side item to our ultra healthy dinner of Lemon Roasted Salmon and Vegetables.  Mike and Emma are not mushroom fans (no matter how tempting I make them look piled on fresh burrata) so we left half with and half without - also a great way to serve at a party if you have any non-mushroom (crazy) guests.

This recipe was inspired by the cookbook Sheet Pan Suppers.  I tried her method of roasting the mushrooms in the oven, but didn't love how they seemed to be dry and a little crispy.  They were great finger food, though - I gobbled them up while I made a batch of sauteed mushrooms instead.

Thyme Mushrooms & Burrata
on Garlic Crostini

1 baguette, sliced in 1/2" slices
olive oil
1 clove of garlic
2 tablespoons of butter
1 pint of mushrooms
fresh thyme
sea salt & cracked pepper
burrata (ricotta or fresh mozzarella)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place sliced bread of sheet pan.  Drizzle with olive oil.

In a saute pan, saute mushrooms in butter for 5-8 minutes until brown and soft.  Add fresh thyme leafs (removed from stems) in and cook for 1 more minute.

Just before you are ready to serve, toast bread in oven for 5-7 minutes until golden on top.  Remove from oven and immediately top with burrata slices (or spoonfuls if runny).  Top with piles of warm mushrooms and serve.



She also suggests trying butternut squash or broccoli toppers, as well.  Maybe... but I'll stick with mushrooms for now until I burn myself out.


This was how I tried the sheet pan roasting, but as I said, I opted to saute the old fashioned way.  I will make roasted mushrooms for little nibbles, though.


I added al little bit of fresh thyme garnish to give it some green.


See those baby hands?  She's helping me stuff small fresh mozzarella balls into meatballs.  That's coming up next week : )

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...I love burrata with absolutely ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so delicious! I love making bruscetta!
    Kari
    www.sweetteasweetie.com

    ReplyDelete

Home
fallpillows1
m47
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
join the
contact
facebook
m56
m61
m62
m68
The Everyday Occasions Store: m46 m45 classichomedecor1 home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660