The Everyday Occasions Store:
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
IMG3264 IMG1314
botanical prints, $4-6
cozy fall essentials
IMG3064 IMG3091
block print block print
Turkey Prints, $4-6
Pillow Covers, $28-36
IMG2983 IMG8
The Softest throws, $80-90 cozy home ideas
Slate Wreath Collection
Wheat Wreath Collection
OakLeaf AcornPrint
Oak Leaf acorn print
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
Autumn Essential Scarves, $14
natural parchment, 100 for $10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
m17 m12
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
m23 m24
baking supplies bread board collection

Friday, January 23, 2015

Coeur a la Creme | Recipe & Photos

Oh, you guys are in for a treat.  The result was so creamy and light, but full - almost like a very moist and creamy cheesecake... but much softer and much more luscious.  It was so simple to make - Emma helped me with the entire thing.  We whipped the cream cheese and powdered sugar, then added the room temp cream cheese and vanilla bean paste... then she scooped it into the cheesecloth lined mold - doing all of the spreading herself.  

So many times there is a lot she can help with, but I have to do some of the intricate work (much to her resistance), but this she did all by herself.  It was nice that it was completely error-proof, there was no way to mess it up.  The mold does all of the work for you - as long as she got (most of) the filling in the mold, it was perfect.

While Valentine's Day is a romantic holiday, when you have kiddos it becomes a family affair, too - and she is going to love presenting this special dessert to Dad after our Valentine's Day dinner.  Of course, as it is still three weeks away, we'll need to make another one ; )

The Coeur a la Creme Molds ($14.50) are officially in stock in my store, ready to ship.  So for those of you that ordered earlier this week, yours are on the way.  If you order now (I think only 20 or so are left?) they can be sent out today.

I followed the Barefoot Contessa's recipe (link below, her photo to the left), which was very very simple.  The only thing I substituted was using my Vanilla Bean Paste ($12) instead of using seeds scraped from a Vanilla Bean.  I used 2 teaspoons of the paste, but next time I think I'll double it for a bigger vanilla impact.

The raspberry sauce was a cinch to make, too.  You simple cook raspberries and sugar with a little bit of water for 4 minutes, then processes in food processor with raspberry jam.  I only had 1/2 cup of strawberry jam (instead of 1 cup of raspberry), and it still worked great.  I also did not add the Grand Marnier, because we were sampling on a Tuesady morning ; )

Here is the link to The Barefoot Contessa's Coeur a la Creme recipe.

Here is the mixture all wrapped up after sitting in the fridge over night.

I put the platter on top, then flipped it over.

Then just pulled the mold off.

And took off the cheesecloth to reveal the nice little pattern.

I did the raspberry sauce without Emma's help... boiling fruit and sugar + toddlers does not mix well.  She would've had her fingers in it... I know I could hardly help myself!

Then we poured the sauce all the way around and scattered raspberries.

I love the way the sauce spread into the scalloped edges of the platter.

For a dinner party, I would just scoop big spoonfuls on everyone's plate and serve extra raspberry sauce on the side in a little pitcher for them to pour over.

You'll be so impressed by how simple and delicious this raspberry sauce is.

Sampling time!  It was sooo creamy and rich - almost just like slightly sweetened thick whipped cream.  If you were serving it for a party, you could serve it with little cookies or graham crackers.  I can't wait to try a savory version with herbs and drizzled with honey, served with crackers.  I also think a lemony version would be fun for spring and summer.


  1. You make this looks so enticing, I can't wait to make it!

  2. Just curious, about how much liquid drained off? And what did you rest the mold in to keep it elevated?


home entertaining and ifestyle expert
join the
The Everyday Occasions Store: item5 item9 m46 m45 classichomedecor1 home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660