The Everyday Occasions Store:
m28
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
HolidayInspirationBoard
Shop the holiday collection
IMG3934
IMG54281
holiday home accents
rustic bells, $40
IMG95301024x1024
IMG3798
classic jewelry box, $40
favorite earrings
CXEtri050 IMG4001
classic tribal holiday pillow entertaining
WreathWarmWheat
WreathSlate
slate wreath block print
wheat wreath block print
IMG3968
IMG4265
hooked pillow collection
classic cream & sugar
IMG3831
FAMTREE830061419441720380500
family tree hooked pillow
holiday tags
AcornPrint
OakLeaf
oak leaf block print acorn block print
IMG4044
brstenhausredeckercaketinincludes65byby89by28inchmetalboxwithlidredcheckeredtowelroundbakingbrushpastryroller20centimeterdoughscraperwoodenscoopand6piececookiecutters3101726
baking tin
gingham child apron
IMG3908
IMG3171
velvet ribbon, $12-24
planters for paperwhites
a624056095a85802c719cf332b IMG39591
hooke holiday pillows
red & white linen tea
IMG3864 IMG3836
"we are thankful for" cards "we believe" tags
IMG62531
IMG6237
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
FirTreePrint
IMG13
fir tree botanical print
natural parchment, 100 for $10
IMG5
IMG10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
IMG16
IMG15
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
IMG3037
IMG2977
velvet pillow collection
the softest throws
IMG3091 IMG3073
wood block print napkins acorn print napkins
item4
item11
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
IMG1 item13
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
item25
item19
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
item28 item29
baking supplies bread board collection

Monday, December 8, 2014

Very Tall Edgartown Sand Taper Candles

My friend Tessa from Nine and Sixteen requested that I carry these new 18" Edgartown Sand Candles ($15) in the store.  She had set her Thanksgiving table (see it here - very lovely) with a pair in a muted orange she had found at Williams-Sonoma and was looking for a set in my Edgartown Sand color to use for Christmas.  


My candle maker makes the candles for Williams-Sonoma (and... Pottery Barn, Neiman Marcus, Martha Stewart, Simon Pierce, etc.) Because Tessa has always pointed me in the right direction for new products (hello, boxwood wreaths!) I knew you all would love these, so I ordered some very tall 18" Tapers in my Edgartown Sand color.  A standard taper is 12" so you can see in the photo how much taller the 18" look - they are really stunning.  

I love them in my Medium or Small Wood Candle Holders because they are so simple holding the strikingly tall candles.   I love that with a set of these candles and my wood candle holders, you can have a really stunning centerpiece for about $20.

I also carry a 15" Candle in Natural Beeswax, if you are looking for a creamier color.
I used the candles to dress our kitchen table [and when I say "our" I mean Mike's parents', since that's where we are living during construction :)] up with my Bulb Baskets that I finally got around to planting. 
I think this is the perfect Christmas Morning brunch table - cozy, fresh and festive.  


I used sprigs of cedar and fir to make a garland down the table, then nestled the copper cookie cutters throughout.


The Bulb Baskets come with a glass liner, so I just transplanted the one I purchased from the grocery store (dirt and all) into this basket.  I used some cedar to hide the dirt, but can also use my Sheet Moss.



You can see, the Amarylis is just about to open.  The 18" tall candles are just about as tall as they are - if that gives you some prospective of how tall they really are.

I love setting a table that will look fresh and festive all season long.  It makes everyday feel that much more special.  I will be filling these with Paper White bulbs just after Christmas, too.

I have a couple of more Holiday Baking Gifs coming this week, along with some creative gift wrap ideas, then I'll be focusing on Menus for Entertaining.  I  also have a house update - finally.  Should be a fun week!

Jenny


2 comments:

  1. Jenny just beautiful! I would love for you to give a photography tutorial one day. I need some basic skills and you have such awesome pictures for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got my package a few days ago. It was like Christmas had come early. Can't wait to hang up the cookie cutters or use them on my table. Thanks for the fun ideas on your blog. I'll have to order earlier next year for some of the other things.

    Thanks,
    ~M~

    ReplyDelete

Home
holidayblog
m47
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
join the
contact
facebook
m56
m61
m62
m68
The Everyday Occasions Store: m46 m45 HolidayHeader home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660