The Everyday Occasions Store:
m28
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
HolidayInspirationBoard
Shop the holiday collection
IMG3934
IMG54281
holiday home accents
rustic bells, $40
IMG95301024x1024
IMG3798
classic jewelry box, $40
favorite earrings
CXEtri050 IMG4001
classic tribal holiday pillow entertaining
WreathWarmWheat
WreathSlate
slate wreath block print
wheat wreath block print
IMG3968
IMG4265
hooked pillow collection
classic cream & sugar
IMG3831
FAMTREE830061419441720380500
family tree hooked pillow
holiday tags
AcornPrint
OakLeaf
oak leaf block print acorn block print
IMG4044
brstenhausredeckercaketinincludes65byby89by28inchmetalboxwithlidredcheckeredtowelroundbakingbrushpastryroller20centimeterdoughscraperwoodenscoopand6piececookiecutters3101726
baking tin
gingham child apron
IMG3908
IMG3171
velvet ribbon, $12-24
planters for paperwhites
a624056095a85802c719cf332b IMG39591
hooke holiday pillows
red & white linen tea
IMG3864 IMG3836
"we are thankful for" cards "we believe" tags
IMG62531
IMG6237
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
FirTreePrint
IMG13
fir tree botanical print
natural parchment, 100 for $10
IMG5
IMG10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
IMG16
IMG15
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
IMG3037
IMG2977
velvet pillow collection
the softest throws
IMG3091 IMG3073
wood block print napkins acorn print napkins
item4
item11
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
IMG1 item13
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
item25
item19
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
item28 item29
baking supplies bread board collection

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Brunch Menu

Last week I shared my all time favorite Christmas Dinner Menu (Crab Cakes, Beef Tenderloin, Chocolate Molten Cakes, etc.) and today I am sharing my favorite Brunch menu.  It is hard to narrow down, because I share a lot of brunch recipes here, so choosing amongst my favorite can be a challenge.  However, for Christmas Brunch I have my favorites that my Mom has fixed year after year.  

Bloody Marys
Shrimp Cocktail
...

Fruit Platter
Orange & Peach Smoothies topped with Champagne





This was a photo from a couple of years ago at our Christmas brunch right after Emma was born.  


I don't know what it is about Christmas, but I could have good old fashioned Shrimp Cocktail for every meal. I serve it on ice in a shallow platter like this with an empty bowl for tails.

Lox & Bagel Platter

This is a new addition for us - something that was always served at my favorite brunch spot.


Crab Quiche

We love seafood at our house, and making this a crab quiche with lump crab meat makes it feel like a special brunch.  My mom usually makes a sausage and mushroom quiche, too.

Orange Cranberry Scones

Citrus and Cranberry = Holiday even though we love these all year long.




The bacon getting ready to be baked in the oven - 325 degrees for 18-22 minutes.  The BEST way to fix bacon.


Bountiful fruit platter keeps us from being too indulgent.


Monkey Bread - very indulgent, but the fruit balances it out, right?

Orange & Peach Smoothies topped with Champagne

You can follow the recipe, or just use frozen peaches in a blender with orange juice - easy!  I love the taste of fresh peaches on Christmas morning.  Granny used to bring her summer peaches that she had frozen over for Christmas brunch every year and they were such a treat!

I'd love to hear about your favorite Christmas Brunch recipes and traditions, too.  I hope everyone is enjoying this last week before Christmas.  Emma's birthday was yesterday, so I stepped out of the Holiday limelight for a couple of days to celebrate with her.  I feel like we have sort of checked all of our Christmas must-dos off of the list and now we can just relax and enjoy the season... that's the goal anyway.  I'm sure Christmas Eve will get here before we know it and I will be scrambling for something!  Always.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:07 PM

    Gosh am I missing something? Crab quiche sounds so good with fresh ones on the market on the west coast now. But when I click on the link you have here I cannot find any mention of crab in the versions you include. I'd like to know what kind of cheese you use with, seasonings, etc. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything on your beautiful table looks delicious! On another note......am I the only one who thinks Prince George looks like Emma's little brother? :) Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this brunch sounds delicious!!! I am new to your blog but am loving what I am seeing ! This year will be the first year we are having a Christmas Brunch, this Brunch menu sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Home
holidayblog
m47
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
join the
contact
facebook
m56
m61
m62
m68
The Everyday Occasions Store: m46 m45 HolidayHeader home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660