The Everyday Occasions Store:
m28
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
HolidayInspirationBoard
Shop the holiday collection
IMG3934
IMG54281
holiday home accents
rustic bells, $40
IMG95301024x1024
IMG3798
classic jewelry box, $40
favorite earrings
CXEtri050 IMG4001
classic tribal holiday pillow entertaining
WreathWarmWheat
WreathSlate
slate wreath block print
wheat wreath block print
IMG3968
IMG4265
hooked pillow collection
classic cream & sugar
IMG3831
FAMTREE830061419441720380500
family tree hooked pillow
holiday tags
AcornPrint
OakLeaf
oak leaf block print acorn block print
IMG4044
brstenhausredeckercaketinincludes65byby89by28inchmetalboxwithlidredcheckeredtowelroundbakingbrushpastryroller20centimeterdoughscraperwoodenscoopand6piececookiecutters3101726
baking tin
gingham child apron
IMG3908
IMG3171
velvet ribbon, $12-24
planters for paperwhites
a624056095a85802c719cf332b IMG39591
hooke holiday pillows
red & white linen tea
IMG3864 IMG3836
"we are thankful for" cards "we believe" tags
IMG62531
IMG6237
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
FirTreePrint
IMG13
fir tree botanical print
natural parchment, 100 for $10
IMG5
IMG10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
IMG16
IMG15
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
IMG3037
IMG2977
velvet pillow collection
the softest throws
IMG3091 IMG3073
wood block print napkins acorn print napkins
item4
item11
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
IMG1 item13
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
item25
item19
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
item28 item29
baking supplies bread board collection

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

This Week's Menu : Roasted Chicken, Shrimp, Penne & Red Pepper Cream, Grilled Herb Butter Steaks


Good Monday Tuesday morning : )   It is time for the weekly menu plan.     This is what my world looks like right now - tube rose (one of my favorite smelling flowers), to-do lists, weekly menu, candle & coffee!  I didn't have my phone on the entire weekend and it felt so good.  Now, I'm catching up and checking out the weather for the week so I can plan dinners.  Am I the only one that plans food around weather?

I decided to start on Tuesday this week since we had a holiday yesterday... and last night we had frozen pizza and salad from the grocery store.  You're impressed, right?  We had a good excuse - we started packing up the house for demo day!   Actually, I'm impressed (surprised) that I've kept it up this menu planning post three weeks in a row.  It really has helped me be more on autopilot during the week for meal planning so I can not be on autopilot for other, more important things.  Is it helping you?  What would you like to see more of?

Tuesday : Easy Roasted Chicken

I'll use leftover chicken in Chicken & Biscuits on Thursday.


Wednesday : Make Ahead Rustic Shrimp & Penne in a Red Pepper Cream Sauce




Thursday : Chicken & Chive Biscuit Pot Pie























Friday : Grilled Steaks with Veggies & Herbed Butter

We're going out on Saturday, so staying in this Friday night. 

9 comments:

  1. These all look delicious. My kids are still (at 15&12) picky enough that I find it challenging to plan meals. Chicken Pot Pie is one of my FAVES though and that pic of yours looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! I love your recipes and look forward to you weekly meal plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started meal planning a year ago and it has seriously changed my life! I life in NYC where a large shopping trip once a week can be difficult but grocery shopping every day was driving me crazy. I started meal planning on Sundays and then I use an online grocery delivery system to have my ingredients for the week delivered on Mondays. The time that I used to spend thinking about what to cook, seeing what ingredients I had on hand, going to the store, and then finally starting the cooking process is now free to take my dog for a long walk, exercise, or prepare my lunch for the next day. I love seeing your weekly menu plans because they inspire me for the next week of meals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loving the weekly recipe list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:05 PM

    Where do you get your pewter?- the fruit bowl is beautiful! I am going to try the shrimp dish this week- thank you for the inspiration. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my pewter is Match - wedding gifts!

      Delete
  6. Love your weekly meal plans! I have already used a couple so THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love meal planning and like you I look at the weather forecast for the week before I get started. With that said, we're expecting rain this weekend so I have your mac & cheese on the menu:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am new here and just wanted to say that I am enjoying all your posts. I often plan my meals according to the weather. So glad to know that I am not the only one who does that! A couple weeks ago you posted about Tomato Bisque soup - which looked delicious. I was wondering where you found your white bowls and plates that were in that photo. I have a set of white dishes and am thinking of adding to them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Home
holidayblog
m47
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
join the
contact
facebook
m56
m61
m62
m68
The Everyday Occasions Store: m46 m45 HolidayHeader home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660