The Everyday Occasions Store:
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
IMG3264 IMG1314
botanical prints, $4-6
cozy fall essentials
IMG3064 IMG3091
block print block print
Turkey Prints, $4-6
Pillow Covers, $28-36
IMG2983 IMG8
The Softest throws, $80-90 cozy home ideas
Slate Wreath Collection
Wheat Wreath Collection
OakLeaf AcornPrint
Oak Leaf acorn print
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
Autumn Essential Scarves, $14
natural parchment, 100 for $10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
m17 m12
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
m23 m24
baking supplies bread board collection

Friday, November 20, 2015

Our Thanksgiving Menu + Cooking Schedule +Planning Worksheets

This is a post I share every year, and each year I update it with some of the new recipes I've added  - Hello, Kale Salad and Petite Pecan Pies.  I've also included the link to my Thanksgiving Planning Worksheets (below) to help you with your scheduling for the week... it is "go" time for those of us hosting!
Somethings aren't changing, like the BEST Turkey recipe that starts with a bottle of white wine and a pound of butter : )  I'm adding  a new side dish - Sausage & Brie Stuffed Mushrooms.  Instead of the Baked Brie, I'm making an old fashioned relish tray.  We'll be featuring some homemade pickled vegetables, bread and butter pickles, olives, etc.  All of that yummy salty briny goodness goes great with a glass of mulled wine before dinner, without filling up.

My sister and her family are staying here the night before Thanksgiving so we will begin our day with parade watching and breakfast - all made in advance so the kitchen can concentrate on making the Thanksgiving meal the morning of.  We will be eating at 1pm this year, so the times have been changed to reflect that.  Hope you enjoy and it helps you prepare for the big day.

I'll be working on my table setting early next week, so I'll be sure to share that, too.

We have a busy week ahead since we are hosting Thanksgiving at the new house.   I'm still hunting for dining room chairs... tiny detail, right?  I'm hoping to find an eclectic mix of six old windsor chairs to mix with our six upholstered. We also need to make some teachers' gifts for school, get the house ready for overnight guests and plan details for a holiday packed weekend.   Would love to hear about what recipes are your favorites or new ones you are trying.  This weekend marks the start of the most wonderful time of the year - and I am so glad to be in the thick of it!

Here is a link to download my Thanksgiving Worksheets.  They will help you go on autopilot for the day so you can enjoy yourself and know that everything will be perfectly timed... or at least most things.   You will be prompted to add your email before the lists download, just FYI.  This adds you to my email list so you can stay updated on new posts and specials I have for the store.  

Baked Brie with Caramelized Pecans in Puff Pastry served with Apples 

Not making this this year, but have every year before.

Kale, Pumpkin Seed, Apple & Cranberry Salad

Always nice to have something fresh and crunchy in addition to such an indulgent meal.


Thanksgiving Planner | Traditional Herb Stuffing Recipe | Sage & Thyme Dressing Recipe

 The Best Classic Mashed Potatoes | Potato Ricer

Stuffed Mushrooms

This photo is of The Pioneer Woman's Brie Stuffed, but I think I'm going to combine that recipe with Ina's Sausage Stuffed.

Holidays | Entertaining | Thanksgiving Planner | Countdown Day 9 | Roasted Turkey & Gravy Recipes

One thing that I highly recommend, is trying the Turkey recipe I have posted from Martha Stewart.  We stared using this method a couple of years ago and everyone goes crazy over it.  You stuff the bird with lemon, garlic, thyme, and sage, then baste it with a mixture of a bottle of chardonnay and 4 sticks of butter.  It makes the most unbelievable pan drippings for gravy.  Turkey is usually a little bland, but this recipe makes it amazing.


Pecan Tart | A New Twist on a Classic Pecan Pie Recipe


Chocolate Cream Tart with Pecan Shortbread Crust

 Thanksgiving Table Setting | DIY Flower Pumpkin Centerpiece, Woodland China, Hemstitch Linens, Pewter Flatware & Rustic Glassware

Enjoy this week of planning - my favorite part of Thanksgiving... getting everything ready!



  1. Jenny - I've been making your petite pecan pies for the last 2 years and they are always a giant hit; particularly for those who want to take some pie home. Your worksheet was also a lifesaver the first time I cooked Thanksgiving for my family in 2011 and can't wait to use them again this year!

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. Are the recipes included in this post or am I missing something? I have to host this year and I cannot cook, so I'm panicking. Would really like to try some of these but am not getting the links.Are they all on Pinterest? Is that the link?

    1. Cinthia - yes, the links are under each photo. good luck!


  4. This is fantastic...thanks so much!

  5. Thank you Jenny! I'm in charge of all the desserts this year for Thanksgiving and I'm going to make your petite pecan pies to go along with our tradition family favorites. I'm excited to try something new!

  6. visit from indonesian..........

  7. Hi Jenny,
    I have just found your site by way of Pinterest and I love it. Your photographs are always so crisp with perfect lighting. I was wondering if you have any posts with tips on photography and also what kind of camera are you shooting with. Your pics are exceptional. Thanks in advance

  8. Hi Jenny,

    We would love to feature your images in our latest blog post for HGTV designer Frank Fontana's blog. Your work will be cited and a link to your blog will be present.

    Let me know at your earliest convenience if this works for you.

    Denny Dine
    Design Contributor

  9. hi Jenny, LOVE YOUR SITE. Can't wait to get ready for Thanksgiving! Your home is beautiful.
    Any chance you could let me know how you make the paperwhite flower arrangements with your small brown and white ceramic ware? I have never done anything like that before and it sounds like a great gift idea.


home entertaining and ifestyle expert
join the
The Everyday Occasions Store: item5 item9 m46 m45 classichomedecor1 home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660