The Everyday Occasions Store:
m28
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
ClassicHomeCollection1
ClassicShot1 IMG9
botanical prints, $4-6
cozy fall essentials
IMG11
NP1
le pens,
block print
TC1
IMG17
block print tablecloth, $48-65
block print
IMG7 IMG8
The Softest throws, $80-90 cozy home ideas
IMG12
cookiesandcreampie1
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
IMG14
IMG13
the softest throws, $90
natural parchment, 100 for $10
IMG5
IMG10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
IMG16
IMG15
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
m8
m11
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
m17 m12
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
m21
m18
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
m23 m24
baking supplies bread board collection

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fall Table Setting with a Muted Color Palate | Heirloom Pumpkin, Grey Linens & Edgartown Sand Candles


 Monday I posted a table that was a bright departure from my typical neutral palate... but today I'm back to a more subdued scheme.  Both I love.  To me, this seems more like a traditional setting perfect for Thanksgiving. 

The Candles are 12" Tapers in "Edgartown Sand" named from our trip to Marthas Vineyard with my family.  I tried to name each of my embroidary/candles/printing colors after my favorite things and/or places.  So, the list would not be complete without Edgartown, Ma. 

I think it would also look stunning with 5 or 6 pairs going down the table with a variety of butternut squash. 

The best part, is that anyone can create this table - you don't have to do any flower arranging or anything crafty.  All you have to do is pick a great looking pumpkin and a candle in a coordinating color to create this great monotone look.


The color is perfect for Fall, a rich, buttery, warm, caramel-ly, pale chestnut color.  The actual name from the factory is "Cafe Au Latte." I've seen this exact candle color soooo many times in Martha Stewart Living mag...
Remember this table from Martha Stewart Nov a couple of years ago?  These are the same candles, but in the really tall length - not sure if they are 15" or 18".


I used the same Natural Linen Napkins  (4 for $32) as I had in the first table I posted this week, along with my standard WS Pantry white plates.  I love these napkins, they are so versatile. 


So, as you can see, by swapping out the pewter bowl filled with bright orange gourds for a muted colored heirloom pumpkin, and selecting a more natural colored candle, I've completely changed the look of my table.

More to come tomorrow!

12 comments:

  1. Where are your candle stick holders from, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:12 PM

      I think this person is asking about the pewter ones, not the glass ones from Target.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:13 PM

    Is this blog going to turn into a commercial?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny2:36 PM

      Anonymous -

      My objective is to provide you with inspiration for your seasonal entertaining - and now, as a service to you, you are actually able to purchase the items that I use in my home. As I stated in my post on Monday, I am posted four different Fall tables this week mixing and matching my favorite pieces with seasonal colors to give you ideas for your own home.

      Jenny

      Delete
  3. Jenny,
    I appreciate your giving us such great inspiration and I love the details about your products. I've purchased the cupcake papers and will order additional items as the need arises. Your table looks so classic...perfect for fall without being overly precious.
    Like your other reader I have 2 questions, where are the candle stick holders from and your stemmed wine glasses, who makes them?
    Love your posts and always look forward to reading them.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny2:54 PM

      Thanks, Karen!

      The candle holders are from... Target! I think they were about $9 each. The wine glasses are from Williams-Sonoma Home, but do not carry them anymore.

      Jenny

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for the info.

      Delete
    3. Karen - I realized that the glass holders I used on the Monday table were from Target. The ones in this photo are from Williams-Sonoma Home - purchased about 4 years ago!

      Sorry for the mix up!!

      Jenny

      Delete
  4. I love making table arrangements, one of the biggest issues I encounter is where to put the food (assuming one serves family style). I have thought about arranging each plate for my guests but I find this to put people off a bit, especially if its an informal get together. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny! I just love your posts lately and could get lost in your fall guide. Sooooo inspiring. And, I have really enjoyed my purchases from your store! I have one random question about your table arrangements... do you have a special technique for keeping your tapers in place and standing upright? I recently bought a bunch of tapers at Pottery Barn at a great sale price (2 for $6). After I got home I realized the "great sale price" was probably b/c the tapers are smaller than normal ones and don't fit in my holders properly. Your expertise is always appreciated :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather!

      All of my taper candles come with a strip of beeswax to be used to help fit the candles in any holder and holds them perfectly straight. You can see a photo of them in use here - they really to help to make any candle fit!

      http://everyday-occasions.myshopify.com/collections/candles/products/fall-collection-of-hand-dipped-taper-candles-12-set-of-2

      Jenny

      Delete

Home
fallpillows1
m47
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
join the
contact
facebook
m56
m61
m62
m68
The Everyday Occasions Store: m46 m45 classichomedecor1 home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660