The Everyday Occasions Store:
m28
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
HolidayInspirationBoard
Shop the holiday collection
IMG3934
IMG54281
holiday home accents
rustic bells, $40
IMG95301024x1024
IMG3798
classic jewelry box, $40
favorite earrings
CXEtri050 IMG4001
classic tribal holiday pillow entertaining
WreathWarmWheat
WreathSlate
slate wreath block print
wheat wreath block print
IMG3968
IMG4265
hooked pillow collection
classic cream & sugar
IMG3831
FAMTREE830061419441720380500
family tree hooked pillow
holiday tags
AcornPrint
OakLeaf
oak leaf block print acorn block print
IMG4044
brstenhausredeckercaketinincludes65byby89by28inchmetalboxwithlidredcheckeredtowelroundbakingbrushpastryroller20centimeterdoughscraperwoodenscoopand6piececookiecutters3101726
baking tin
gingham child apron
IMG3908
IMG3171
velvet ribbon, $12-24
planters for paperwhites
a624056095a85802c719cf332b IMG39591
hooke holiday pillows
red & white linen tea
IMG3864 IMG3836
"we are thankful for" cards "we believe" tags
IMG62531
IMG6237
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
FirTreePrint
IMG13
fir tree botanical print
natural parchment, 100 for $10
IMG5
IMG10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
IMG16
IMG15
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
IMG3037
IMG2977
velvet pillow collection
the softest throws
IMG3091 IMG3073
wood block print napkins acorn print napkins
item4
item11
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
IMG1 item13
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
item25
item19
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
item28 item29
baking supplies bread board collection

Friday, September 27, 2013

Fall-izing the Blog + Featured Fall Products



I've been Fall-izing!  As you can see, I've updated the header to include some of my favorite produce, colors and products of the season.  We haven't done our official pumpkin patch trip, but we have picked up just a couple at the market in the last couple of weeks.  Emma loves looking at all of the piles of colors each time we go to the grocery store. 


Fall Entertaining Guide (left):
To Fall-ize the blog, I've updated the Fall Entertaining Guide I created last year.  It contains photo links to all of my Fall recipes, table settings and decor ideas.  You'll also be able to find some of these links in the sidebar to the right.  I'll continue to update both of these as I add new recipes this season. 

As I had transitioned to in the past, all of my recipes indexes can also be found in the links on the right, on Pinterest.  It is the easiest way to keep a visual index that is up-to-date... and I know almost everyone is familiar with Pinterest, so it is a natural solution.   Be sure to follow my "Fall" Pinterest Board too, where I'll stash everything that is inspiring me this season.





As I announced last week, I added some new products to my store.  Here are some of my favorite new essentials for Fall :


Warm Wood Berry Baskets

These berry baskets have warmer hues than the typical baskets - they are the perfect little container for packaging fall treats.

One of my favorite ways to use these are as a Breakfast Hostess Gift with Banana Bread, Honey Butter & Coffee Beans.

10 for $10
Tablet + Le Pens

This is the best little gift for yourself - a great way to get organized.

Le Pens have been my favorite for years.  In college I used the navy, but now I'm a fan of the grey.  They are thin and elegant, with a tiny felt tip.  You may have seen them on Martha Stewart's desk.  She's also a huge fan.  In fact, she gave her design editor, Kevin Sharky, an entire case of these grey pens for his new office.

I had the tablets custom printed with a simple label-style header on a natural (just slightly creamy) cardstock.  I love the heavier weight paper because when I tear it off to take the list with me, it doesn't get crumpled and messy.   I designed the size to fit perfectly as a label (similar to my wedding party welcome bag) for my medium cello bags.

The set comes with 1 tablet + 4 le pens for $12.
*Due to high demand, these will not ship until 10/3.

My Everyday Candle in a Mini Latte Bowl

I had these custom poured by a local artisan.  She created this most amazing scent that contains all of my favorite things - red currant, quince and the slightest hint of orange blossom.  I burn this candle in our home on a daily basis - it is so soft and sophisticated.  It is the kind of candle that makes you want to breathe deep and relax into a cozy corner.

I had them poured in a mini latte bowl (from Anthropologie) that can be used after the candle is gone.  I love anything with a double use.  This is my Everyday candle, but I'm also going to introduce a new scent each season - if you get each candle, you can create your own little collection of mini latte bowls.  They are perfect for everything from individual desserts to holding dijon on a buffet.

$14
Natural Linen Napkins with Grey & Black Stripes

These are my favorite new essential for fall.  The natural linen is such a beautiful color - especially with the grey and black stripes.  I'm loving them on my table right now... they give it just enough of a cozy, rustic element that I love for Autumn.  Don't be afraid to use them - they soften beautifully after washing.  I've included a photo of the tea towels (made in the same material) after being washed, and before being ironed.  Of course, you can press them each time, but I love the soft, casual look straight from the dryer.

Set of 4 100% linen napkins, $32.

Fall Color Collection of 12" Taper Candles

I picked these colors just for Fall - warm and natural colors that go great with the season's pumpkins and gourds.

These Taper Candles are so special.  The quality and craftsmanship is unmatched.  I first learned about Creative Candles from years of browsing through Martha Stewart Living - beautiful tables set with these stunning candles in the most sophisticated colors.  It turns out that these candles beloved by Martha are handmade in a 50-year-old factory 1 mile from my house!

Each candle comes with a strip of beeswax to be used to help fit the candles in any holder and holds them perfectly straight.

Set of 2 packaged in a clear & brown box, $10.50



Natural Linen Tea Towels

In our home, I love to change out little accessories and accents with the change of the seasons.  Tea towels are my favorite way to add a seasonal touch to my kitchen.  The natural linen of these towels is such a beautiful color for Fall - especially with the grey and black stripes.  I'm loving them in my kitchen right now... they give it just enough of a cozy, rustic element that I love for Autumn.
Don't be afraid to use them - they soften beautifully after washing.  I've included a photo of them after being washed, and before being ironed.  Of course, you can press them each time, but I love the soft, casual look straight from the dryer.

Set of 2 100% linen towels, $24.
*Due to high demand, these will not ship until October 4th.


Today, I took the morning and put together four different table settings using various combinations of my Fall products mixed with different shapes and colors of pumpkins and gourds.  I'll be sharing them over the next couple of days to help inspire your Fall Table Settings.  Here is a sneak peak of how our table is set right now.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny! Would you consider adding a section within your store for customers to review the products? I absolutely love the items that I have received thus far and look forward to receiving the order I placed for an everyday candle! And, by the way, what a fab idea to have them poured into latte bowls. It will be nice to have a collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:53 AM

    What a great idea that is Heather! A section for customers to review the products. However Jenny please be open to accept positive criticisim and don't delete comments which are only intended to help. Some comments have been given in good faith and honesty and yet only lasted 1 hour before being deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new pic! And I love everything in your store. I have my eye on the tea towels and napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get the latest worldwide football news, soccer scores, transfer rumours, football statistics, football standings
    Kora Plus Online TV

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your site and have enjoyed the one order I placed with your new store. I always look forward to reading your posts when I get email.
    Happy Fall.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica12:28 PM

    Hello, how is the everyday candle and tablet + le pens packaged? Are they ready for gifting? How many hours of burn time does the candle typically give? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny,
    Love Miss Emma. L.O.V.E. her cute chubbiness. I just love healthy looking babies. Both my boys had those luscious chubby legs. They are now of course young men now so I miss this chub factor. Liking your site but a bit confused on where to go to just leave a nice comment. Took me a bit to find this path. Perhaps an option for that in a bar at the top? Or in your right side bar? I will be back to visit because you seem to have a load of energy and I admire that!
    Fondly-Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, what size are the linen dish towels? And how much shrinkage is there? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Home
holidayblog
m47
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
join the
contact
facebook
m56
m61
m62
m68
The Everyday Occasions Store: m46 m45 HolidayHeader home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660