IMG8 IMG5
linen tea towels & Napkins Petite tart
BRAISED BEEF
chili1 IMG6
butternut & beef chili wood candle holders
m30
appetizers spiced apple
IMG7 chdonuts2
herringbone homemade donuts
butternutrav1
butternut packaging
chocolatecake1
summer entertaining
jute & cotton
IMG9
everyday
IMG10
candle
tour our

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hydrangea Table Setting | Bliss Blue, Privet Berry Blue & Seaside


Last week I set a table to coordinate with the Blue Hydrangea Cupcakes I posted yesterday (complete with new how-to video...).

I love mixing and matching with all of the colors in my collection.  I used my Powder Blue Anna Wheatherly gold rimmed china plates (they match the Bliss Blue Color Collection in my store) because I think the pale blue looks so great with the purple and deep blues of the late summer hydrangea that seem to be everywhere in our neighborhood - except my house.  I "borrowed" them from my neighbor - with permission, of course.



I had a hard time deciding which candles to use to compliment the flowers...

Left to Right :

Mom's Hydrangea
Seaside
Privet Berry Blue



I ended up with the Privet Berry Blue.  I thought they looked great with the cupcakes I created, as they were a deeper blue.  They "Mom's Hydrangea" color was almost too close of an exact match with the actual hydrangeas, and I thought the Seaside was a little too bright. 
The True Navy Blue was such a nice compliment to the light blue plates.

The Hemstitch Napkins are embroidered in Seaside.
The here are the deep blue and purple "Hydrangea Cupcakes" I made featuring the fun Celebration Candles in Seaside.

For detailed step-by-step instructions, click here.

































Here is the Pin Strip!




Here is a little behind the scenes...


There is a new photographer in the family.  You'll never guess what she was taking pictures of...


Cupcakes!  


7 comments:

  1. She is positively precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable! The table looks amazing. So elegant. Love your china! xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:13 AM

    So pretty. What kind of finish did you use on your table after it was sanded? I thought I read about it, but can't find it now. Thank you.
    Your little Emma is just darling.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new little helper. The table is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Your little girl taking photos is priceless! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, Emma has grown so much, quite a little girl now, no longer a baby, I don't know where the time has gone.

    I love the hydrangea cupcakes, would love to know how you make these, can you do a post for us :)?

    Your candles work perfect with the gorgeous blue icing.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:01 PM

    I have to ask the same as Liz! I love the finish you put on your farm table! I know you stripped it from the high gloss black but would love to know the stain or mixture you used - it's perfection! The RH chairs all around the table make it look so cozy and welcoming - two perfect ingredients for a fun dinner party! Although not in this picture, where did you get your ladderback chairs? It's so hard to find them with the straw seating. They are great for casual dinners! Well done, as always!
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete

m38

The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
m21
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
my everyday candles
m39
"homemade"
IMG11
IMG12
m41
breakfast
m43
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
miss emma
cinrolls1
apple & cranberry crisp
cranapplecrisp1
IMG13
IMG14
beefstew1
IMG15
m36 m11 IMG3619 everyday
Subscribe