IMG8 tomatowatermelon1
robin's egg  blue
summer recipe
starsangria1
summer cocktail
rustic herb pots
IMG5
summer linen pillows summer dessert
prosciuttotoasts1
summer appetizers gift wrapping
IMG6 sodapopbrisket2
linen tea towel summer entree
hydrangea1
baking packaging
IMG7
summer entertaining
summer sides
candlecolorsphoto1
candle
tour our

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lemon Basil Grilled Shrimp with Pesto Pasta

When you think of backyard entertaining, burgers or steaks are usually on the menu.  If the crowd is right I like to take a fresher approach and serve pasta with Homemade Pesto Sauce
and Lemon Basil Grilled Shrimp.



I served this same shrimp as an appetizer last year at my Ladies Night Patio Party, and the year before as an entree with grilled corn on the cob and asparagus

You can use any pesto for the pasta that you like - it is so much easier to make than you'd think!  The basil in my garden is not quite ready to harvest, so I bought a huge bunch to use at Trader Joes for just a couple of dollars.  I like the put the hot pasta in a big bowl straight from the pasta water and toss it with the pesto - the heat takes a little bit of the edge off of the fresh basil and raw garlic.



Recipes :

Homemade Pesto Sauce

Lemon Basil Grilled Shrimp

Do you have any grilling favorites other than the standard steaks and burgers?  I'm needing inspiration... the new grill needs to be put to use!

2 comments:

  1. We toss veggies (usually squash, onion, zucchini, bell peppers) with olive oil (or Italian dressing) and grill those. We eat a lot of them! Thanks for these recipes, I am pinning now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog you have here, hope you won’t mind if I retweet your blog posts to my twitter’s account.
    Web Tasarım Kursu

    ReplyDelete

The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
m21
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
my tablet +
m37
fresh strawberry cupcakes
m42
m45
m60
breakfast
m65
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
miss emma
m70
festive
m74
peachscones1
corn1
tagsandcards1
IMG9
IMG10

everyday
Subscribe