IMG8 IMG5
linen tea towels & Napkins Petite tart
BRAISED BEEF
chili1 IMG6
butternut & beef chili wood candle holders
m30
appetizers spiced apple
IMG7 chdonuts2
herringbone homemade donuts
butternutrav1
butternut packaging
chocolatecake1
summer entertaining
jute & cotton
IMG9
everyday
IMG10
candle
tour our

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Behind The Scenes | Emma & Mr. Darcy's Christmas Photo Shoot

The Christmas Emma Monster is going to get you!
We have never sent out a Christmas card before.  Last year we tried to get a good photo of all of us right after Emma was born, but didn't get it done in time... and our shoot was a big 'fail' (as you might remember from my post) juggling a new baby and the Mister.

You can find Emma's PJ's, here!





But, I always look forward to receiving the cards with perfectly posed "Brooks Brothers" families all gussied up in their sweater vests and patent leather.


It makes me believe that perfect children and families do exist!


For at least one day of the year...


 My baby grooving to the jingle bell rock...


We call this Emma's "Oo-Oo Oo-Oo" dance.


We will be sending out our first Christmas card this year (that I rushed ordered last night at 11pm... of course).


 It is complete with perfect photos of our babies.   The shoot, however, was far from perfect...

 
Far from perfect.  Mostly funny (read : frustrating).  And blurry (which is also frustrating).


And very sweet.  Did I mention blurry?



I ended up with a ton of really fun photos of Emma and Mr. D playing with my "Christmas Morning Under the Christmas Tree" props.  Here they are searching for the TV remotes and tennis balls in the stocking that I hid in there to intrigue them.  So tricky...


Hope you enjoyed our outtakes! 


This was probably the 'perfect' smile... too bad she's not facing the right direction!

24 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:42 PM

    Where did you get Emmas PJ's? Adorable and classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such precious photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I think all of those photos are picture perfect! She is such a doll. And I would love to know where those PJs came from, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the perfect pj's for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:58 PM

    I am dying to know where the pjs are from, too. I would love to purchase them for my nieces now, so I can wrap them for their Valentines gift. I hope we hear from you very soon, please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww I love the picture of Mr. D kissing her... so sweet!! These are all precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:11 PM

    Are the pj's from GAP?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny4:31 PM

    Hi All! I bought them at Nell Hills in Kansas City, but I found them online here : http://www.kristinsgreatfinds.com/bearington-bears-baby-girls-christmas-holiday-pajamas-red-and-white-stripe/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every single photo is a winner! I love these more than any of the posed family photographs I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is such a doll baby! What a fantastic shoot, and great memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is adorable......these are great pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute! Love her little pjs, that face is just precious! Enjoy this wonderful holiday time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cutie baby, and her dance is really amazing!!!
    Babies are always loved by everyone, but your baby is really a fabulous dancer. All the pics are fun loving and amazing.

    How to you get your ex-boyfriend back

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:16 AM

    Hi Jenny. Thank you much for posting the link for the darling pjs. How kind of you. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! love the one of her crying! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How could those pictures not bring a smile to your face. Your baby girl is precious. I think my favorite picture is the one where she is resting her head on the otoman. So sweet. Thanks for the pj link, just wish they came in my size.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a terrific way to deal with today. these pictures are beyond outstanding. I just want to know who got Emma upset (hmmm) even her crying one is adorable. OMG...

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a little star! I would say you have plenty of great pictures there !

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is just adorable!!! I think that I love the "imperfect" ones the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. After six years with kids and trying to create the perfect Christmas photo, I have learned it doesn't happen! There is no perfect photo (unless you have professional ones taken), but people love to see them no matter what. A card of those outtakes would make anyone smile!
    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous1:53 AM

    To me, all those Christmas pictures seem perfect. Your little princess is so cute ! Thank you for sharing. Merry Chrismas !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous4:36 PM

    You have a very beautiful family. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What breed is Mr. Darcy?

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a great page filled with HAPPY! love it, thank you for sharing. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

m38

The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
m21
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
my everyday candles
m39
"homemade"
IMG11
IMG12
m41
breakfast
m43
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
miss emma
cinrolls1
apple & cranberry crisp
cranapplecrisp1
IMG13
IMG14
beefstew1
IMG15
m36 m11 IMG3619 everyday
Subscribe