spring
tour our
spring copper cookie cutters
creamware
willow vase & candle collection
baking

Monday, September 10, 2012

Updated with Recipe Link | Easy Roasted Chicken | Our First Dinner in the New House



I'm feeling like we're almost, almost settled into the new house... we finally have internet!  While we're still missing a ottoman/coffee table, end tables, lamps, artwork, kitchen table... (I could go on), we do finally have a new TV hanging and wireless internet.  Another big piece of the puzzle is that my kitchen is back in business (until we start DIY remodeling next week, that is).


Last week my Mom came up to see the house and she was just about to leave when I said, "Actually, can you watch Emma for just 5 more minutes while I throw this chicken in the oven?"  Literally, that was all it took.  Maybe even less time.  This was our first official meal that didn't come in a pizza box or a takeout container and it was the perfect thing to kickoff a new season in our new house.

I made this recipe two weeks ago for a video shoot for MyWellBeing.com as part of a video entitled "Easy Entertaining."  I challenged myself to prepare a complete dinner party worthy menu in one pan, that could be assembled in minutes and baked in the oven.  No fuss.  This is the recipe that I came up with.  I feel like I am a relatively humble cook, but I've got to say, this was sooo good.  I don't know if it was the fact that just the three of us (me, Mike & Emma) haven't sat down together for a homemade meal in weeks, or the fact that until now we haven't had a dining room to sit in, or that we were sitting in my new dining room chairs (that I love), but this cozy little dinner in our new house finally made us feel like we were at home.


So, after all this build up, I hate to disappoint, but I can't share the recipe just yet.  It will be on the mywellbeing.com website in just a few days (Update!  Here is the link!) along with a video featuring yours truly (yikes!).  Here are my photos from our first dinner at home and some behind the scenes photos of the video shoot.  Enjoy!


I did 4 easy entertaining videos.  This set is set up for easy to assemble appetizers.


I hope to be able to share the videos soon!

8 comments:

  1. How fun! Looking forward to seeing the videos. LOVE roasted chicken, very possibly my favorite meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First meals in a new home are always memorable! Its funny how the priorities of moving into a new home always seem to be 1)kitchen 2)television 3)internet. Once those are going everything else is easy! Have a great day! - Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man! I was just going to try to fix this...girl! Congratulations on that first "real meal" at home and on the videos. How cool is that camera set up on the track?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow lots of fun stuff happening for you. Looking forward to seeing the videos. did you get the email aI sent you about the end tables?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny,
    I love roasted chicken and will be eager to see your recipe.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delish! I can't wait to make it this weekend, I've been dying for a roast chicken... FYI you recipe is posted on mywellbeing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is that? I can't wait for the recipe ..... although I think the pics speak for themselves. Yum yum yum!!

    ReplyDelete

The Everyday Occasions Store:
JSHMenu1
BlogSideBox1
let's stay in touch

Newsletter:

HomeEntertainingExpertHeader1
m5
pinterest
twitter
instagram
email
rss feed
facebook
IMG9134
my tablet +
IMG8814
spring table settings
lemon meringue cupcakes
IMG6730
IMG8844
linen tea towels for spring
IMG7170
creamware
IMG11
IMG7080
glass spice containers
small baskets for easter gifts
spring
IMG7062
IMG8861
IMG8740
IMG7164
IMG3768
IMG8775
IMG8722
ribbon collection
IMG8760
moss for planted pots
baking
baking pantry organizing
IMG7112
Lemon & fruit layer cake
IMG4492
IMG6949
spring
IMG8718
my favorite spring
IMG5
breakfast
IMG5717
Lilac centerpiece in a bowl
IMG2598
moltencakes03
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
miss emma
morelchicken03
lemoncake
lemon butter cake
my dinner

everyday home entertaining and ifestyle expert Jenny2014headshot