IMG8 tomatowatermelon1
robin's egg  blue
summer recipe
starsangria1
summer cocktail
rustic herb pots
IMG5
summer linen pillows summer dessert
prosciuttotoasts1
summer appetizers gift wrapping
IMG6 sodapopbrisket2
linen tea towel summer entree
hydrangea1
baking packaging
IMG7
summer entertaining
summer sides
candlecolorsphoto1
candle
tour our

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Emma Makes Way for the Ducklings | Boston Bucket List


As our time in the Boston area is coming to a close, we are checking off the last "to-do's" before we say "ta-ta."  In my daydreaming head I always thought Emma and I would make our way into Boston every now and again to spend the day shopping in the Beacon Hill boutiques and stroll in the Public Garden. 

Like most well-intentioned daydreams, it seemed to never come to fruition.  How is it that it always seems like the days are too short, but at the same time can sometimes be way too long?  Instead of surrendering to the same ole' outings to target and story time, yesterday Emma and I finally made it "into town."  We made plans!

We started with some shopping, then strolling through the park, a visit with a friend, then dinner with more friends and their baby.

Left : Emma and I at the "Make Way for the Ducklings" bronze duckling sculptures in the Boston Public Gardens.  As it was just Emma and I spending some mommy and me time, I had an onlooking grandma that was taking photos of her own grandson take this pic of Emma and I with my phone.


Emma and the Ducklings

About the Ducklings :

The "Make Way for Ducklings" book was published in 1941 and tells the story of a pair of mallard ducks who decide to raise their family on an island in the Boston Public Garden lagoon.  It won the 1942 Caldecott Metal and is the official children's book of Massachusetts. 

The ducklings draw quite a crowd in the garden, to say the least.


The bronze ducklings are in the background as Emma is more fascinated with the grass.  I highly recommend introducing your children to grass at an early age... every time we try to take photos outside, she is more into the grass than smiling at the camera.  


And her dress.  She loved her dress.  I love that she loved her dress.  And I loved the dress.


And I love her baby eyelashes.  Perfect.


Sweet girl.



Adventurous girl!


Back in the grass and happy!


Did I mention she started crawling this week?   Let the fun begin...


After the park we met up with her Daddy at a friend's home in Back Bay.


Emma was thrilled with crawling for about 12 hours, and is now only satisfied when she's standing.  Especially in her crib... which nearly scared me to death when I went in her room the other morning to find her smiling at me over the rail like a big girl.


After a visit at our friends, we headed to dinner in Beacon Hill to meet some more friends visiting from back home.  Emma, meet Lucca.  


Fast friends.   I planned her parents' wedding 4 years ago.  I'll share photos of it someday.  It was really something (if I may say so myself!).


Okay, here is just one, because I can't resist!


Ok, one more!

Back to the babies...



Fast asleep, conveniently right when we hurried out of the restaurant and took another stroll through the park. 


I asked Mike if he thought Emma was comfortable enough in her stroller.  He laughed.


Since the girls had decided to hit the hay, we decided to go for a night cap of our own...


At the Four Seasons.  Funny how a couple of years ago a night cap would have been cocktails until 2am.  Now, it is Prosecco (to celebrate that the babies are sleeping) and a giant piece of chocolate cake.

9 comments:

  1. Adorable baby, great photos, beautiful family and enjoying life in Boston, life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Jenny, lovely to see you enjoying your time in Boston before you make your way home :)
    I found your blog a few months ago via Pinterest and I love it! I have read all the way back through your posts and it has been lovely to follow you on your journey so far.
    Morwenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos. Love that you got to go to the Make Way for Ducklings statues. The wedding photos were a gorgeous taste (we want more!) and your chocolate cake looks divine. Emma is growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, sweet girlie! Loved the pictures of Emma. :) SO neat that you mentioned the "Make Way For Ducklings" book. That was one of my favorite books when I was little and I still have memories of my mom reading to me. And P.S. I'm pretty excited you're moving to Kansas City. I live in Tulsa, OK and want to try to come to one of you classes and make a day trip out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:35 AM

    from Liège belgium

    Hello,

    the little girl is so buittifull
    nice day to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE Boston! My sis lives right across the river, so we take pictures of my daughter on the ducks each year when we visit -- we now have 7 years worth of duck photos, from 10 months until present day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan Evans11:02 AM

    Emma is perfect! I cannot wait to see her (and you) more soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:59 PM

    What happy memories!! My very best friend in the world flew from St Paul to visit me, in Boston where I lived for a few years, for the "Make Way for Ducklings" Parade. You speak about Boston like a true Bostonian.

    Thank you for the happy walk down memory lane!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. UNREAL. Emma is such a beauty, I love how you went through the day and highlighted the main events. How adorable. Just love Emma's expression with other child - OMG.. so gorgeous. That wedding you did seems like royalty wedding, beautiful! THAT FACE - I can't stand it!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
m21
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
my tablet +
m37
fresh strawberry cupcakes
m42
m45
m60
breakfast
m65
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
miss emma
m70
festive
m74
peachscones1
corn1
tagsandcards1
IMG9
IMG10

everyday
Subscribe