IMG8 IMG5
linen tea towels & Napkins Petite tart
BRAISED BEEF
chili1 IMG6
butternut & beef chili wood candle holders
m30
appetizers spiced apple
IMG7 chdonuts2
herringbone homemade donuts
butternutrav1
butternut packaging
chocolatecake1
summer entertaining
jute & cotton
IMG9
everyday
IMG10
candle
tour our

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Greek Pasta Salad


This summer I've really been into prepared salads.  I made them at the beginning of the week and keep them in the fridge so I have something easy for lunch that is a little better than a PBJ.  I copied this salad from mt local favorite, Verrill Farm. I had it for lunch one day then immediately bought all of the supplies (there) to make it for myself.


Greek Pasta Salad

1/2 pound of penne pasta, cooked and rinsed
1 cucumber, peeled sliced
3 medium tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup of red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup of kalamata olives, chopped
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
4 ounces of crumbled feta
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon of dried italian seasoning
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper

Combine cooked pasta, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, olives, parsley and feta in a large bowl.  In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and seasonings.  Pour over pasta and vegetables, toss. 








3 comments:

  1. I love using the bold flavors of kalamatas and feta! It's easy to get such an impact of flavor with only a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, you have just described my 5 out of 7 days lunch! So refreshing and delicious! I know it sounds crazy but I usually use spaghetti instead of penne for that salad and its works just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:40 PM

    These therapies are great for people who tend to overanalyze their situations and will be
    of great use to them. You become an educator to your patients and have the daunting task
    of being sure they receive all the support and preparation they require to return home.
    A recovering therapist would be more capable of role modeling how to stay clean and sober.
    Here is my web page : manic depression treatment options

    ReplyDelete

m38

The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
m21
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
my everyday candles
m39
"homemade"
IMG11
IMG12
m41
breakfast
m43
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
miss emma
cinrolls1
apple & cranberry crisp
cranapplecrisp1
IMG13
IMG14
beefstew1
IMG15
m36 m11 IMG3619 everyday
Subscribe