IMG8 tomatowatermelon1
robin's egg  blue
summer recipe
starsangria1
summer cocktail
rustic herb pots
IMG5
summer linen pillows summer dessert
prosciuttotoasts1
summer appetizers gift wrapping
IMG6 sodapopbrisket2
linen tea towel summer entree
hydrangea1
baking packaging
IMG7
summer entertaining
summer sides
candlecolorsphoto1
candle
tour our

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Breakfast Skillet | Bacon, Potatoes, Chive & Cheddar Egg Skillet



 On Saturday mornings we have a rotation of breakfast foods that we've been making for the last 4 years : pancakes, biscuit and gravy, french toast and waffles (a new addition to the rotation since we received a waffle iron for Christmas... in fact, it is been 80% waffles since we've received the waffle iron).  I wanted to shake up the old routine a bit - without going to the grocery store.  I had bacon, eggs and potatoes on hand, so I threw it in a skillet and the result was a fantastic change of pace to our Saturday breakfast ritual and took all of ten minutes. 

6 strips of bacon, diced
2 yukon gold or red potatoes, sliced
1/4 cup of diced onion
2 tablespoons of butter
8 eggs
1/4 cup of milk
sea salt & cracked pepper
2 tablespoons of fresh chives, chopped
1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded

In a skillet, cook diced bacon, onion, butter & potatoes for 4-5 minutes until bacon renders the fat and the potatoes begin to soften.  In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, chives, salt and pepper.  Add eggs to the skillet and cook on medium high for 5 minutes until the eggs are done.  Top with cheddar cheese.  Serve in wedges. 
 

6 comments:

  1. Random question. I love ticking, hence I love your towels. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Saturday breakfast and this looks like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking delicious and spicy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So going to make this the next day off I have. And, I'm soooo not a Martha, def a Mary. But this looks too good to pass up giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:12 PM

    I know my comment is late, but I wanted to let you know we've made this three times in three weeks for dinner. My husband LOVES it! Such an easy, filling, one dish supper when you're tired after work.

    ReplyDelete

The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
m21
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
my tablet +
m37
fresh strawberry cupcakes
m42
m45
m60
breakfast
m65
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
miss emma
m70
festive
m74
peachscones1
corn1
tagsandcards1
IMG9
IMG10

everyday
Subscribe