IMG8 IMG5
linen tea towels & Napkins Petite tart
BRAISED BEEF
chili1 IMG6
butternut & beef chili wood candle holders
m30
appetizers spiced apple
IMG7 chdonuts2
herringbone homemade donuts
butternutrav1
butternut packaging
chocolatecake1
summer entertaining
jute & cotton
IMG9
everyday
IMG10
candle
tour our

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas at Our House | Brunch | My Life


Baby's 1st Christmas PJ's
We had a very special Christmas at our house this year - Baby Emma made everything so fun.  In case you missed my announcement last week... Emma Elizabeth was born December 15th!  To make her arrival (and our holiday...) even more special, we had lots of family visitors in town to meet her.  So... needless to say, our first New England Christmas was quite memorable. 

On Christmas morning our family of four opened presents and Skyped with my family back in KC while they opened their presents.  Mike's family came over for Christmas Brunch at noon, then we spent the day making a big homemade pasta dinner.  It was a great day!  Here are some photos from Emma's First Christmas morning.




Mike sporting his new puffer vest and telling Emma about Santa.


Mr. Darcy sneaking downstairs to see if there are any treats for him under the tree...


Mike starting a fire before the Skype party.

Emma's Christmas present from Santa!


A surprise gift from her Dad - it will be a great keepsake from our time in Concord!

Christmas Morning Brunch

If we had been able to travel home for Christmas this year, we would've had brunch at my Mom's house just as we have since I can remember.  To make it still feel like Christmas for me, I recreated her menu for us in Massachusetts this year.


Monkey Bread



Quiche - Crab Quiche & Quiche Loraine 


Fresh Berries... if we had been at my Mom's she would have served peaches she had frozen during the Summer.  They always taste so good - real summer peaches in the middle of Winter.


Shrimp Cocktail on ice.

Bloody Mary Bar!

12 comments:

  1. What a yummy looking spread! Congrats on your beautiful little angel :) PS: monkey bread has always been a staple for my family's holiday get togethers too it's soo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a beautiful family!

    Your brunch is gorgeous too! I just did monkey bread and fresh fruit. Oh, and mimosas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly in Georgia7:36 PM

    Beautiful! (the baby AND the food) What a special Christmas. I love Emma's Concord hoodie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on your beautiful daughter! What a wonderful Christmas gift. Your brunch looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula Kiliclar6:23 AM

    Happy Holidays! I came across your blog on Monday and instantly fell in love with Mr. Darcy and your lovely house. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter Emma. May the coming new year be filled with love, joy, peace and health to you and your love ones especially for baby Emma. Love Mr. Darcy on the staircase :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:57 AM

    Congratulations on the arrival of Emma - what a pretty name and what a beautiful brunch and post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy. My daughter was born 16 years ago and I can say she is still the best Christmas gift ever! Monkey bread has been a very long tradition in my family too it is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a special Christmas! Beautiful family photo! I absolutely love the photo of your dog coming down the stairs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your brunch looks just gorgeous! I almost fell off my chair when I read that your mom serves peaches that she froze during the summer. I've been doing this on Christmas morning my children's entire lives, and now my girls are continuing that tradition in their own homes, when we're not celebrating together. It's such fun to read that something as simple as frozen peaches with Christmas breakfast is part of someone else's holiday ritual as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where in Mass?? I live in Acushnet! I can't wait to make the Tiramisu for two!! Great blog!! I will be checking in for more recipes....

    ReplyDelete
  12. monkey gifts for girls,http://www.liztoys.com/you-laugh-monkey-toys/ca-52.html

    ReplyDelete

m38

The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
m21
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
my everyday candles
m39
"homemade"
IMG11
IMG12
m41
breakfast
m43
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
miss emma
cinrolls1
apple & cranberry crisp
cranapplecrisp1
IMG13
IMG14
beefstew1
IMG15
m36 m11 IMG3619 everyday
Subscribe