The Everyday Occasions Store:
m28
our new kitchen details
tour of our home
browse my recipes
Shop the store
the everyday occasions store
ClassicHomeCollection1
ClassicShot1 IMG9
botanical prints, $4-6
cozy fall essentials
IMG11
NP1
le pens,
block print
TC1
IMG17
block print tablecloth, $48-65
block print
IMG7 IMG8
The Softest throws, $80-90 cozy home ideas
IMG12
cookiesandcreampie1
petite tart pans, 10 for
baking baskets, 6 for $14.50
IMG14
IMG13
the softest throws, $90
natural parchment, 100 for $10
IMG5
IMG10
grocery list tablet, $8
classic tablet + lepens, $14
IMG16
IMG15
dinner planning tablet, $14
weekly planning tablet, $14
m8
m11
kitchen essentials
clean bottles collection
m17 m12
pastry bag roll of 100 baking sheets & parchment
m21
m18
platter collection, $150
baking supplies
m23 m24
baking supplies bread board collection

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Heirloom Pumpkin Sugar Cookies | Fall Baking


Heirloom Pumpkins are everywhere these days - even the local grocery store has a huge selection of these 'specialty' pumpkins.  I remember when they hit the scene in a big way 5-6 years ago (at least that was the first time I remember seeing them...).  In fact, the first year that I brought some home, my roommate had thrown my blue heirloom pumpkins away - she thought they had molded...

As I'm not a huge bright 'orange' fan in general, I was so delighted to see these blue, pale orange and red pumpkins - they brought and entirely new hue option to traditional Fall and Autumnal decorating.

This year I decided to make heirloom pumpkin sugar cookies instead of the traditional Jack-O-Lantern cookie with its bright orange exterior and toothy smile.  For the heirloom pumpkins, it is all about color.  I mixed the icing to match the natural muted brilliant shades of a grey green-blue, creamy white, soft buttery orange, and a deep orange-red. 

Learn how to mix all of the great colors, here!  I provided step-by-step tips for mixing these great natural looking colors and all of the tools I use for decorating.

Get my Sugar Cookie Recipe, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home
fallpillows1
m47
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
join the
contact
facebook
m56
m61
m62
m68
The Everyday Occasions Store: m46 m45 classichomedecor1 home m59 m57 recipe m65 m63 how we designed our classic IMG1660