IMG8 IMG5
linen tea towels & Napkins Petite tart
BRAISED BEEF
chili1 IMG6
butternut & beef chili wood candle holders
m30
appetizers spiced apple
IMG7 chdonuts2
herringbone homemade donuts
butternutrav1
butternut packaging
chocolatecake1
summer entertaining
jute & cotton
IMG9
everyday
IMG10
candle
tour our

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall Dinner Ideas | What's For Dinner?

Since I've been pregnant, I've discovered that I think about food differently than I did before.  I used to nibble on a PBJ sandwich and a latte while I was running around during the day, then have a huge dinner and dessert at night.  I know it is not a dietitian's recommendation, but it worked for me.  Now that I'm 8 months pregnant, food has become something I depend on every 2-3 hours.  A dream, you say?  Well, it is fun to be able to stop and pick up a scone with my coffee (decaf...), and nice to be able to help myself to a second lunch around 3pm, it has left me a little unmotivated for dinner... by 6PM I feel like I've been eating all day - there's not much room for more!  I needed a little motivation for making a good meal at night, so I put together some of my favorite Fall Cozy Dinner Ideas.

What are you making for dinner tonight?  Please share - I need more inspiration!


Spaghetti & Meatballs... always a staple


Baked Potato Soup & Minestrone Soup


Tuscan Style Braised Short Ribs


Pasta Carbonara with Roasted Chicken


Homemade Pappardelle with Beef Ragu


Beef Stew (aka Beef Bourguignon) 


Beef Stroganoff


Shrimp in Vegetable Ragu with Pasta


Shrimp Linguine (what we're having tonight!)

7 comments:

  1. I want to make every single recipe on this post! Yum.

    I'm making "Texas-Style" baked beans tonight. It's basically slow-cooked barbecue beans with some ground chuck and green chiles. I'm in the mood for hearty food now that it's fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had spaghetti last night! The recipe I think we use most in this house is for Turkey-Black Bean Chili: http://sweetisrecipies.blogspot.com/2007/02/terrific-turkey-black-bean-chili.html It's not particularly spicy, so it should be okay for you. If you're not a black bean fan, I've done it with kidney beans to great success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophia1:19 PM

    One of my favorite easy recipes is Taco Salad. Just brown some ground turkey with half a pack (or more) of taco seasoning serve over romaine lettuce with red kidney beans, black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocados, and sour cream. We use Catalina dressing with it. Lastly, I know it sounds a little weird, but we crush up some Nacho Cheese Doritos over the top. Do not underestimate it! The salad sounds a little ho-hum, but when it is all combined... YUM! (Even the boys ask for seconds.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:02 PM

    I'm making chocolate chip cookies at the moment for dessert. For dinner I'm making chicken tortellini soup. Seems appropriate to have some warm soup on a dreary, rainy (possibility of snow later) kind of day.
    --Niki

    ReplyDelete
  5. kelly in georgia8:22 PM

    We just finished grilled filet mignon, a salad made from mixed greens with bleu cheese crumbles, candied pecans, and chopped dates, and a nice plate of homemade potato chips. Now if I just had some coffee ice cream with a dark chocolate sauce drizzled on it.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, first, to the shout out to dietitians! Being one myself, i guiltily tend to eat much more at night too...bigger dinner, beer/wine, dessert. Not a great habit, but it works for me too.
    My son turns 2 tomorrow so we are having a big birthday dinner tonight. At his request the menu is: tomato and mozzarella salad, pasta with olive puttanesca, warm bread to dip in olive oil, banana chocolate chip cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and vanilla bean ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite recipes for fall are: "Chicken with Polenta", "Tuscan White Bean, Spinach and Sausage Soup" and "Jagerschnitzel with Spaetzle". All recipes sure to warm you right up.

    ReplyDelete

m38

The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
m21
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
my everyday candles
m39
"homemade"
IMG11
IMG12
m41
breakfast
m43
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
miss emma
cinrolls1
apple & cranberry crisp
cranapplecrisp1
IMG13
IMG14
beefstew1
IMG15
m36 m11 IMG3619 everyday
Subscribe