IMG8 IMG5
linen tea towels & Napkins Petite tart
BRAISED BEEF
chili1 IMG6
butternut & beef chili wood candle holders
m30
appetizers spiced apple
IMG7 chdonuts2
herringbone homemade donuts
butternutrav1
butternut packaging
chocolatecake1
summer entertaining
jute & cotton
IMG9
everyday
IMG10
candle
tour our

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Shower Hostess Gifts | Baby Shower Paper-Source Hostess Gift | Personalized Stationery & Labels


Last weekend my Sister and Aunts hosted a Baby Shower for me.  I wanted to do something special for them as a Thank You/Hostess Gift.  It's always a challenge to think of a small gift that is special, personal and something that they'll actually use. 

I wanted it to be something that I made... at least part of it.  Since we were traveling back to KC for the shower, baked goods weren't really an option (we aren't bag checkers). 

I made a stop to my favorite spot for homemade goods supplies that don't look homemade - Paper Source.  My plan was to make personalized stationery sets and personalized "From the Kitchen Of..." labels.  When I found these Vera Bradley lunchboxes, I thought they'd be the perfect 'package' and useful, too.

Baby Shower Hostess Gift :
- Stationery Set
- From the Kitchen Of Labels
- Lunch Bag


For 4 sets of 10 Personalized Stationery (card & envelopes), you'll need :

- 1 pack of Lux Cream Cover (contains 10 sheets of cardstock) from Paper-Source
- 4 packs of A2 envelopes (contains 10 envelopes each) from Paper-Source
- Printer
- Paper cutter from Paper-Source
- Thin Satin Ribbon from Paper-Source (for wrapping)

To create the Stationery Template, use a graphics design program (I use InDesign), Word or PowerPoint document divided into 4 equal sections (each being 5.5"w x 4.25"t fit on one 8.5"x11" page).
Put the initials or name of each person on the top margin (about 1/2 inch from top) of each card.  Print onto Lux Cream Cover and cut using a paper cutter to 5.5" x 4.25".


This straight edge paper cutter ($19.50) from Paper-Source has been my saving grace for so so so many projects.  Straight cuts really help to make professional looking paper crafts.  It is definitely worth the $20 investment!

Cut it length-wise in half...


Then in half again.


I use this thin satin ribbon from Paper-Source to wrap each set of cards and envelops.


Flip it over and twist, bringing the sides up over the top and bottom...


Flip over again and tie a bow.  I really like how the thick textured paper looks - it gives it a professional quality.


Coming Soon : how I made the "From the Kitchen Of..." Labels here using Paper-Source adhesive labels.


Here is all of my gift supplies ready to be assembled.


I am really pleased how they turned out!  Have I inspired you?  If you have a hostess gift to put together, click below to all of the items on sale at Paper-Source!

Up to 50% Off

7 comments:

  1. This such a nice gesture and such a beautiful gift! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kelly in georgia5:38 PM

    Oh how I love Paper Source!! Your gift is wonderful...and I am going to buy that paper cutter - don't know why I haven't already bought one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I want to make one for myself too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    This is is really a lovely post about baby shower gift. The way you given to wrap the gift is totally unique and new. Thanks for sharing this informative tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be a nice information for the baby shower gifts..


    Baby shower gifts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly intriguing and amazing. Loved the detail

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've inspired me! I just bought all the supplies. You should update your links if you get a chance b/c they aren't going to the right places and I had to search for the items once I got to the site.

    ReplyDelete

m38

The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
m21
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
my everyday candles
m39
"homemade"
IMG11
IMG12
m41
breakfast
m43
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
miss emma
cinrolls1
apple & cranberry crisp
cranapplecrisp1
IMG13
IMG14
beefstew1
IMG15
m36 m11 IMG3619 everyday
Subscribe