spring
tour our
spring copper cookie cutters
creamware
willow vase & candle collection
baking

Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall Table Setting | Fall Entertaining | Fall Dinner Party


I wanted the table to be casual and feel like a Fall evening... warm, cozy, seasonal.  I created this Fall Table setting using pumpkins I had gotten to display around the house, a plaid wool wrap, ticking stripe napkins, and pewter candle sticks.   Notice everything is in the same color family, but it is not matchy-matchy.  I like the mix of stripes, plaid and the floral scroll on the plate. 

Sometimes I think using over-styled centerpieces seems a little too "planned" for the casual dinners I like to host.  I feel a little silly when I've put together a very elaborate table and centerpiece for a simple, rustic dinner party.  So, I used a cinderella pumpkin as the centerpiece for this table - couldn't be easier.  It is seasonal and beautiful, and you're guests won't ask, "Wow, who's coming for dinner?!" when they see the table.


I used my Spode Woodland plates we received as wedding gifts, a mini white pumpkin (you could also use , brown and cream ticking stripe napkins and silver flatware.  

If you'd like to have assigned seating, you can use the mini pumpkins as holders for the name cards like I did in this Fall Wedding/Party Inspiration Table Setting.

I'm also considering doing a table setting that had a monotone color scheme.  Wouldn't these look great painted a soft almond grey color with white plates, linen napkins and blue pumpkins?  Stay tuned for that!


The plaid wool wrap was a steal from H&M when we were in Italy.  I think it was $18!  


Candlelight is always appropriate for dinner - can't you imagine sitting around this table for hours with great conversation?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Everyday Occasions Store:
JSHMenu1
BlogSideBox1
let's stay in touch

Newsletter:

HomeEntertainingExpertHeader1
m5
pinterest
twitter
instagram
email
rss feed
facebook
IMG9134
my tablet +
IMG8814
spring table settings
lemon meringue cupcakes
IMG6730
IMG8844
linen tea towels for spring
IMG7170
creamware
IMG11
IMG7080
glass spice containers
small baskets for easter gifts
spring
IMG7062
IMG8861
IMG8740
IMG7164
IMG3768
IMG8775
IMG8722
ribbon collection
IMG8760
moss for planted pots
baking
baking pantry organizing
IMG7112
Lemon & fruit layer cake
IMG4492
IMG6949
spring
IMG8718
my favorite spring
IMG5
breakfast
IMG5717
Lilac centerpiece in a bowl
IMG2598
moltencakes03
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
miss emma
morelchicken03
lemoncake
lemon butter cake
my dinner

everyday home entertaining and ifestyle expert Jenny2014headshot