IMG8 tomatowatermelon1
robin's egg  blue
summer recipe
starsangria1
summer cocktail
rustic herb pots
IMG5
summer linen pillows summer dessert
prosciuttotoasts1
summer appetizers gift wrapping
IMG6 sodapopbrisket2
linen tea towel summer entree
hydrangea1
baking packaging
IMG7
summer entertaining
summer sides
candlecolorsphoto1
candle
tour our

Monday, September 26, 2011

Duxbury Ma. | New England Day Trip | South Shore Boston Area


When I experience a perfect something or place that I can't quite describe, but I just get a certain feeling from it, I tend to provide a movie reference.  For me, a perfect house or neighborhood might be a "Father of the Bride" street, or a "Home Alone" house.


You know the type - winding, tree-lined streets with handsomely sized (vs. obnoxiously giant), well-kept homes (vs. overgrown).



The kind of neighborhoods where kids play in the yard and ride their bikes down the street. 


I always get warm fuzzies when I come across a neighborhood, town or street that has those indescribable little somethings.



Our latest encounter was in Duxbury, Ma. (also known as "Deluxe-bury") on a day trip down to the South Shore of the Boston area.  I read in an online guide that it is the J.Crew town of the South Shore... I know, how am I just now making the trip down there?


Mike and I loved the cozy little town and its winding streets.  There is no coincidence that those cozy, tree-lined streets lead to a stunning coastline beach.

   
Oh, yes, in my dream neighborhood the kids can ride their bikes down the street... to the beach.


A beach that is quiet and quaint, and never crowded.


And a sailboat ride is just a breeze away.

3 comments:

  1. Oy, I miss New England...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I am so glad I did. I love your style, and the pictures are amzing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:35 AM

    Have you guys been to Marblehead yet? My husband & I are originally from Acton and moved up here ten years ago. Although Concord is beautiful...more open space.

    ReplyDelete

The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
m21
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
my tablet +
m37
fresh strawberry cupcakes
m42
m45
m60
breakfast
m65
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
miss emma
m70
festive
m74
peachscones1
corn1
tagsandcards1
IMG9
IMG10

everyday
Subscribe