|Peony Cupcake Placecards|
This party favor idea (you might remember my tulip version from Valentine's Day) serves many purposes :
* Flower Arrangement/Welcome Table Flowers
* Escort Card/Place Card
* Centerpiece/Table Decor
Peonies are great for this concept because they are edible. Just be sure they come from your pesticide free yard, or an organic grower.
How To :
1) Start with jumbo cupcakes - I like chocolate for the visual effect of 'dirt'. The cupcakes can be store-bought, homemade or semi-homemade using a mix.
2) Top with chocolate or vanilla icing (store-bought is fine) or use my homemade buttercream frosting recipe (a very easy way to make cake mix cupcakes taste even better).
3) Dip the iced cupcakes into Oreas that have been through the food processor or crushed in a bag.
4) Insert the peony into the cupcake just before guests arrive (as it is not a good water source for the flower).
5) Insert skewers with name labels.
For complete Flower Cupcake instructions, click here.