IMG19
"We are thankful" placecards
linens cotton
new! printable recipes
new!  boxed
follow our home project
miss emma
IMG18
candle
packaging
tour our
ciderdonuts2
apple cider

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Home | Organizing | Spice & Baking Pantry

UPDATE!  I posted this 2 years ago- ick, look at those photos... now I've redone my baking pantry in our new house... read about it here!















...................
Original Post :

Of all of the projects that I've done in our house, I know THIS organizing project is going to be one of Mike's favorites... my crazy, messy and dysfunctional spice & baking pantry drives him crazy. Actually, it drives me crazy, too, so I finally tackled the pantry this morning.


In this photo, you can see there is no rhyme or reason to the placement of everything - besides shoving things wherever they'll fit...

Blow-tourches, sprinkles, spices, vinegars, and endless varieties of sea salt containers... ugh.

With a $30 budget, I headed to the craft store (hobby lobby is the closest to our house). I purchased these two unfinished wood moulding shelves. Turned upside-down, they create a lovely riser for spices - a great system for maximizing space. I painted the shelves to match the interior of the cabinets. The paint will not only look better, but will help to keep them clean.

As you can see - much improved! And... I didn't relocated anything from the cabinet - amazing how a little organization can make space.

Top Shelf : Decorating Supplies : Craft Box containing Cupcake Liners (I have a huge collection - all shapes and sizes), and food coloring. Jars are filled with pastry bags, couplers and tips. Clear containers with sprinkles.

Middle Shelf : Baking Supplies : Baking Soda, Powder, Cocoa, Vanilla Beans & Cinnamon

Lower Shelf : Cooking Supplies : Spices, Salt & Peppers, Vinegars & Olive Oil



No comments:

Post a Comment

m38
The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
IMG3650
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
m30
the best mashed potatoes
IMG20
Roasted Vegetable platter
IMG21
download my thanksgiving worksheets
PreviewofThanksgivingWorksheet2
IMG22
kale salad
IMG23
IMG24
pecan tart & vanilla bean
toffee spiced
spicecupcakes2
cinnamonscones2
cinnamon, maple & pecan scones
IMG25
DIYThanksgivingCenterpiec2
pumpkin floral
JennyWholetable2
Fall Table
IMG26
plaid linen
IMG27
chestnut & fig
wheat collection
IMG28
IMG6032
IMG30
linen Tea Towels &
IMG31
IMG32
my thanksgiving planning guide
bathroominspiration1
Untitled1
AppleCinnamonScones1
m36 m11 IMG3619 everyday PreviewofThanksgivingWorksheet2 AppleCinnamonScones1
Subscribe