IMG8 IMG5
linen tea towels & Napkins Petite tart
BRAISED BEEF
chili1 IMG6
butternut & beef chili wood candle holders
m30
appetizers spiced apple
IMG7 chdonuts2
herringbone homemade donuts
butternutrav1
butternut packaging
chocolatecake1
summer entertaining
jute & cotton
IMG9
everyday
IMG10
candle
tour our

Monday, January 18, 2010

Entertaining | Baby Bird Baby Shower




Last weekend, I designed a Baby Bird Baby Shower. Using a neutral theme of cream, grey and ivory, I created a charming event that was perfect for a January shower. Above is the invitation with the glittered bird.

For the favors, I made baby bird sugar cookies...


For cookie decorating, I always use disposable pastry bags with the ends snipped off. It is a very easy, no-fuss method of decorating... no pastry tips and no cleaning bags! For the icing, I use royal icing.

4 egg whites
4 cups of powdered sugar

Beat the egg whites until almost frothy, then add sugar. You may need to add more sugar to reach a thick icing.


Step 1 : Pipe base color as a wing...


Step 2 : "Glitter" the wing using sanding sugar.

Step 3 : Pipe the remaining body of the bird in the same base color, leaving the beak, feet and breast.

Step 4 : Accent the bird with a white breast and pale peach feet and beak.

Step 5 : Add a white eye after the body has hardened.

I made three colors : Ivory, Cream & Grey

I displayed the cookies in a basket. They were packaged in clear bags tied with 'angel fleece' yarn.







For the food display table, I used a linen drapery panel to which I applied 'baby' letters made of yarn wrapped pipe-cleaners. Above, I hung onsies from a yarn clothesline with clothespins. The food was displayed on white platters and cake pedestals with white peonies in bud vases.


I made the letters by forming letters in pipe-cleaners, then wrapping them with yarn.


I quick stitched the letters onto the linen panel.





The Menu :

Ham & Asparagus Quiche
Crab and Chive Quiche
Fruit Platter with Fluffy Fruit Dip
Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread
Spinach, Strawberry & Pecan Salad
Baby Bird Sugar Cookies

3 comments:

  1. I saved this into my files. Such a beautiful shower! PS... I have that same long flat basket from PB...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the clothes line with the onsies! I'm throwing a baby shower next week and was going to use your idea. Did you get a particular yarn and clips to hold them up. I just want to make sure it doesn't fall down! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:46 AM

    Where did you get these invitations??! I love them?

    ReplyDelete

m38

The Everyday Occasions Store:
m15
m16
m18
m21
home entertaining and ifestyle expert
pinterest
twitter
instagram
my email newsletter
rss feed
facebook
my everyday candles
m39
"homemade"
IMG11
IMG12
m41
breakfast
m43
chocolate molten cakes in cupcake
miss emma
cinrolls1
apple & cranberry crisp
cranapplecrisp1
IMG13
IMG14
beefstew1
IMG15
m36 m11 IMG3619 everyday
Subscribe